Small Office Router Suggestions

Worm78

I was wondering what router people have had good luck with in small offices using the cs410. I have a small office using a cs410 and a Linksys BEFSR41. It works great using a DMZ or opening up ports for the wan port The lan is just sitting on the normal side of the network. If I replace this with a new netgear 814 or I think 614 I lose registration and have intermittent audio incoming. I have removed packet imspection, setup on dmz, and all other items I can think of but no luck. They currently only have one static ip from their provider.

Thanks

I was wondering what router people have had good luck with in small offices using the cs410. I have a small office using a cs410 and a Linksys BEFSR41. It works great using a DMZ or opening up ports for the wan port The lan is just sitting on the normal side of the network. If I replace this with a new netgear 814 or I think 614 I lose registration and have intermittent audio incoming. I have removed packet imspection, setup on dmz, and all other items I can think of but no luck. They currently only have one static ip from their provider.

Thanks

The original scenario seemed to work ok for the first 4 hours and then the network craps out. I was not on site but you lose internet and ability to ping the router. It seemsto come and go every 30 seconds or so until you disconnect the PBX wan and lan from the router. No router reset needed at this point and everything is working ok. I also made sure I didn't have a GW in the local side as this was causing issues for the device to hit the time server.

I'm working on trying to get a private ip for the wan side but need a temp solution if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks

We've tested and used SIP aware routers in single IP based installations.

Intertex - Somewhat tough to configure - Advanced settings best done with IPTABLES experience, Support is OK based on Europe

Xyzel - All WEB interfaces - A bit more $$ Support is great and accessible based on US

5 Polycom Phones, A Small Business Server hosting Exchange, 7 WEB surfers, 4 on the phone connected to hosted PBX, mail coming and going, plus a remote user using GOTO MY PC (crappy protocol from Citrix) This all resulted in some but not much jitter on calls. This wasn't bad at all considering.

But if you want to control every packet, then consider Microtik. It's QOS queuing is likely to be the best.

http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/3.0/qos/queue.php