Uninstall leaves pbxnsip-service active ?

rudik

Probably nobody will ever want to uninstall pbxnsip, I did (sorry).

After uninstalling through ‘Control Panel’ I noticed that the pbxnsip-service was still present in the services-list, still marked as ‘Start Automatic’ and consequentially generating an error message in the event viewer after restarting.

Of course, a new install is not a problem and works fine. I assume this is a minor bug in de-installation, or is there something wrong with what I do ? (exept the de-installation itself :lol: ).

Using Version: 2.1.10.2474 (Win32)

Rudi

Probably nobody will ever want to uninstall pbxnsip, I did (sorry).

After uninstalling through 'Control Panel' I noticed that the pbxnsip-service was still present in the services-list, still marked as 'Start Automatic' and consequentially generating an error message in the event viewer after restarting.

Of course, a new install is not a problem and works fine. I assume this is a minor bug in de-installation, or is there something wrong with what I do ? (exept the de-installation itself :lol: ).

Using Version: 2.1.10.2474 (Win32)

Well, well. The service manager has its own ways... I remember uninstalling in 1.5 required not only one reboots, but a couple of them. Plus manually editing the registry. But I must say, I also don't have much experience uninstalling it :lol: . "In theory" it should work automatically by the installation tool.

But at least you can be sure it is not being started by accident and blocking ports 5060 & 5061.

This is a known windows bug. This problem is not caused by PBXNSIP. Exactly the same thing happens with other software that had a service installed. After deinstallation the Service Manager will still show the program listed, even though all folders and files are gone from the program directory.

I would not really recommend to edit the registry, except you know exactly what you are doing. Just leave everything like it is and set the dead service link to deactivated.