Audiocodes Standalone Survivability issue

gotvoip

Audiocodes has a SAS mode http://www.audiocodes.com/Content.aspx?voip=2990 where it sits in between the phones and the remote ipbx and if the hosted ipbx can't be reached the phones will route the calls directly out the analog lines. However when we try this with pbxnsip and snom phones it does not work. I attached a trace and a diagram. Any help will be appreciated.

post-131-1215573819_thumb.jpg

Not_WORKING_Internal_Hub.zip

Audiocodes has a SAS mode http://www.audiocodes.com/Content.aspx?voip=2990 where it sits in between the phones and the remote ipbx and if the hosted ipbx can't be reached the phones will route the calls directly out the analog lines. However when we try this with pbxnsip and snom phones it does not work. I attached a trace and a diagram. Any help will be appreciated.

I looked at your traces and some of the characters were like

ÿ¨kH—

< < h«Þ ’³ E( ( y @õ±À¨ÇÀ¨f Pñâà³Þ Púã n ´ÿ¨kH?Ã

Ç Ç h«Þ ’³ E( ¹ z @õÀ¨ÇÀ¨f Pðâ‘=¯ï

ÃPýŽPZ

From your traces it looks like there was maybe just one call made.

Anyway, what exactly is not working? Registration, connections audio???

Bill H

The senerio is as follows: Pbxnsip as hosted pbx, MP114 on different network with ip phone (ext 101) registered to hosted pbx through MP114. ip phone configired with domain name of pbx as sip proxy and LAN ip address of MP114 as outbound proxy. PBX shows ext 101 registered w/ its LAN ip address and MP114 ports registered with its own LAN ip address. MP114 is registered to pbx as extension- dial plan is set to route pstn calls out 'call extension" configuration. Wheb another remote ext (102) calls ext 101 - ivr play 'the extension is busy at the moment ..." When extension 101 dials extensions 102 call fails.

The senerio is as follows: Pbxnsip as hosted pbx, MP114 on different network with ip phone (ext 101) registered to hosted pbx through MP114. ip phone configired with domain name of pbx as sip proxy and LAN ip address of MP114 as outbound proxy. PBX shows ext 101 registered w/ its LAN ip address and MP114 ports registered with its own LAN ip address. MP114 is registered to pbx as extension- dial plan is set to route pstn calls out 'call extension" configuration. Wheb another remote ext (102) calls ext 101 - ivr play 'the extension is busy at the moment ..." When extension 101 dials extensions 102 call fails.

You said: "ip phone configired with domain name of pbx as sip proxy and LAN ip address of MP114 as outbound proxy."

Enable the SAS feature in the MP 114 and give it an IP Address.

The phone should only register to the MP114 on port 5080 as the Registar and you need to create a Proxy Name for the gateway.

Once you make these changes try it and let me know if it still does not work.

There may be several things you need to do.

This is not an easy gateway to setup for the first few times.

Bill H

You said: "ip phone configired with domain name of pbx as sip proxy and LAN ip address of MP114 as outbound proxy."

Enable the SAS feature in the MP 114 and give it an IP Address.

The phone should only register to the MP114 on port 5080 as the Registar and you need to create a Proxy Name for the gateway.

Once you make these changes try it and let me know if it still does not work.

There may be several things you need to do.

This is not an easy gateway to setup for the first few times.

Bill H

The MP114 is configured as indicated. The issue is that extension(s) registered behind the MP114 call call remote extension (extensions registered to the hosted proxy from other networks) and extension registered to the proxy from the LAN network - two way audio works fine. When an extension which is registered from the LAN or an extension that is registered to the hosted proxy from other network calls an extension which is registered through the MP114, the pbx ivr plays 'the extension is busy at the moment ....' my thoughts are that part of the problem is that the exts behind the MP114 are registered to pbxnsip with their LAN IP address 192.168 xxx and pbxnsip is does not know where to find the exts because the MP114 nor the exts sends any reference to their WAN address, so since pbxnsip is initiating the call out it can not fine the public IP of the exts behind the MP114. just my thoughts.

The MP114 is configured as indicated. The issue is that extension(s) registered behind the MP114 call call remote extension (extensions registered to the hosted proxy from other networks) and extension registered to the proxy from the LAN network - two way audio works fine. When an extension which is registered from the LAN or an extension that is registered to the hosted proxy from other network calls an extension which is registered through the MP114, the pbx ivr plays 'the extension is busy at the moment ....' my thoughts are that part of the problem is that the exts behind the MP114 are registered to pbxnsip with their LAN IP address 192.168 xxx and pbxnsip is does not know where to find the exts because the MP114 nor the exts sends any reference to their WAN address, so since pbxnsip is initiating the call out it can not fine the public IP of the exts behind the MP114. just my thoughts.

If you have a Static Public IP Address (WAN) at the MP114 location, put it in the NAT IP Address on the Quick Setup Page.

This will identify where the MP114 (and your extensions) are located.

Bill H

If you have a Static Public IP Address (WAN) at the MP114 location, put it in the NAT IP Address on the Quick Setup Page.

This will identify where the MP114 (and your extensions) are located.

Bill H

Tried this before and again, but the problem is still there.