Cross-Domain calling

Ryan

Hello,

We are going to have several domains set up in our installation, let's say site1.com and site2.com. Site 1 and 2 have their own accounts, and their own numbers, let's say they both have accounts 101 and 101.

What I need to know is, can site1.com on acct. 101 call site2.com on their acct. 101, or any account for that matter? Basically, can site1.com and site2.com communicate between each other.

Among this, we want to make some kind of alias for '101'@site1.com to be say, a fake 10-digit number. So site2.com could call site1 and not even know it, since they are just calling this 10-digit number.

This may be simple, I'm not sure about where to start with this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Hello,

We are going to have several domains set up in our installation, let's say site1.com and site2.com. Site 1 and 2 have their own accounts, and their own numbers, let's say they both have accounts 101 and 101.

What I need to know is, can site1.com on acct. 101 call site2.com on their acct. 101, or any account for that matter? Basically, can site1.com and site2.com communicate between each other.

Among this, we want to make some kind of alias for '101'@site1.com to be say, a fake 10-digit number. So site2.com could call site1 and not even know it, since they are just calling this 10-digit number.

This may be simple, I'm not sure about where to start with this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

HI;

if both sites have access to the internet there is no problem trunking the two pbx's together.

all you have to do is create a trunk on each end and put in the public ip address or FQDN in the domain field of the trunk.

the simplest way to set it up is to keep the extension numbers different i.e SITE1 should be 1XX and SITE2 should be 2XX.

as far as putting in an alias with a full 10 digit number im not 100% sure but there should be a way to create the dial plan to first check if SITE2 has such a phone number and if not then dial out using a SIP trunk or whatever you will be using for that.

if you need any help please let me know.

Hello,

Thanks for the response. These domains are actually on the same server. We will have one physical server with multiple domains. With the approach you talked about, wouldn't we have to create a new dial plan with ALL accounts on the server, in order for all domains to know about each other?

Ryan

HI;

if both sites have access to the internet there is no problem trunking the two pbx's together.

all you have to do is create a trunk on each end and put in the public ip address or FQDN in the domain field of the trunk.

the simplest way to set it up is to keep the extension numbers different i.e SITE1 should be 1XX and SITE2 should be 2XX.

as far as putting in an alias with a full 10 digit number im not 100% sure but there should be a way to create the dial plan to first check if SITE2 has such a phone number and if not then dial out using a SIP trunk or whatever you will be using for that.

if you need any help please let me know.