Revised Polycom SIP config file for newer models

natedev

For anyone interested, I've attached an updated polycom_sip.xml. This is for the Polycom SIP 3.1.1 release (use in conjunction with BootROM 4.1.2). I took the parameters from pbxnsip 3.0.1.3023's built-in polycom_sip.xml template and merged them with the new sip.cfg that comes with Polycom SIP 3.1.1. It appears to have corrected a few issues I was having but the settings should be tested before putting into production.

The file needs to be placed in the /html directory (on Windows this would be C:\Program Files\pbxnsip\PBX\html) and then reboot your Polycom phones. To revert to the original settings, just remove this file from the html directory and reboot the Polycoms.

We also found an error in the existing polycom_phone.xml (missing space). It causes problems with outbound dialing. The corrected version is also attached. It also goes in the /html folder.

polycom_sip.xml

polycom_phone.xml

• 1 month later...
For anyone interested, I've attached an updated polycom_sip.xml. This is for the Polycom SIP 3.1.1 release (use in conjunction with BootROM 4.1.2). I took the parameters from pbxnsip 3.0.1.3023's built-in polycom_sip.xml template and merged them with the new sip.cfg that comes with Polycom SIP 3.1.1. It appears to have corrected a few issues I was having but the settings should be tested before putting into production.

The file needs to be placed in the /html directory (on Windows this would be C:\Program Files\pbxnsip\PBX\html) and then reboot your Polycom phones. To revert to the original settings, just remove this file from the html directory and reboot the Polycoms.

We also found an error in the existing polycom_phone.xml (missing space). It causes problems with outbound dialing. The corrected version is also attached. It also goes in the /html folder.

HI Can you advise what issues these files fix?

thank you