License File on USB

Tom Waterman

I have uor license on a USB drive attached to the PBXnSIP server. Yet my product still says it is unlicensed. Am I doing something wrong?

Two ways to operate.

1. A license key assigned to the MAC address of the Server and the license key that you purchase gets COPIED and PASTED into the LICENSE key windows......

2. A license key assigned to a Purchased USB DONGLE (not a standard memory stick) this is then in a USB Slot.

Review http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installa...and_Quick_Start

Which method are you attempting to use?

Two ways to operate.

1. A license key assigned to the MAC address of the Server and the license key that you purchase gets COPIED and PASTED into the LICENSE key windows......

2. A license key assigned to a Purchased USB DONGLE (not a standard memory stick) this is then in a USB Slot.

Review http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installa...and_Quick_Start

Which method are you attempting to use?

I have the blue usb dongle that Kevin sent to me.

I have the blue usb dongle that Kevin sent to me.

Good Answer - Did you get an electronic version of the related key? This needs to be copied into the license window.

If this is a windows server, you sould verify the USB PNP subsystem is working by verifying a MEM stick WORKS.

I think the dongle shows up in the hardware manager too...can check later to get a screen capture.

Good Answer - Did you get an electronic version of the related key? This needs to be copied into the license window.

If this is a windows server, you sould verify the USB PNP subsystem is working by verifying a MEM stick WORKS.

I think the dongle shows up in the hardware manager too...can check later to get a screen capture.

I do not have an electronic version of the file to place in the lic window. I thought the USB dongle made it so you did not need that. I didn't think you needed both. I'll email Kevin right now.

You need both the Dongle and the associated license key for the features - extensioned purchased. The dongle is the LOCK and the License key references the dongle for a match. This negates the need to lock the machine to a MAC address of a NIC card. The dongles are extremely durable and you can have a hot spare server setting there if needed.