Star Codes via Mailbox

Jordan

I'm unable to use star codes in mailboxes. For example, I want to record the greeting for an auto-attendant or an IVR node. I log into the mailbox and am brought to the main menu. I press *9876# and I am told that I cannot place the call. I keep getting this message even though I have appropriate permissions. Am I doing something wrong? Has anybody else been able to make this work?

I'm unable to use star codes in mailboxes. For example, I want to record the greeting for an auto-attendant or an IVR node. I log into the mailbox and am brought to the main menu. I press *9876# and I am told that I cannot place the call. I keep getting this message even though I have appropriate permissions. Am I doing something wrong? Has anybody else been able to make this work?

Hi Jordan,

is your pin code set?

Depending on where your calling from, the code will not let you record anything unless the pin number is set...

You can also add your extension number ( separated by space ) by going:

Edit IVR Node xyz -> Settings -> Accounts that may record a message

See the attached file for illustration purpse...

IVR.bmp

That has already been set up. I get into the mailbox using the PIN code, so that can't be the problem. The extension has permission to record the IVR node prompt, so that can't be the problem. When I am in the main menu of the mailbox and I press *, the prompt keeps speaking. I continue to dial the number followed by pound, and I am unable to access the feature...