Intercom & Page not working on Snom phones

Isaac Schneider

I have a problem with a snom 320 being able to receive either a intercom call or page audio.

Doing a group page, the snom sits there without picking up the page audio. I have logged into the snom phone and the correct ip multicast parameters are in the config. The configuration works with the Aastra phones already deployed.

Making an intercom call to the snom phone, it will ring the phone as a normal call. The phone will not goto auto handsfree / autoanswer. The Aastra phones are working fine with intercom.

I am running pbxnsip 3.2.0.3144 and snom 7.3.22, phone pnp provisioned. I have also tested provisioning a phone by hand with the same results.

Thanks,

Isaac

I have a problem with a snom 320 being able to receive either a intercom call or page audio.

Doing a group page, the snom sits there without picking up the page audio. I have logged into the snom phone and the correct ip multicast parameters are in the config. The configuration works with the Aastra phones already deployed.

Making an intercom call to the snom phone, it will ring the phone as a normal call. The phone will not goto auto handsfree / autoanswer. The Aastra phones are working fine with intercom.

I am running pbxnsip 3.2.0.3144 and snom 7.3.22, phone pnp provisioned. I have also tested provisioning a phone by hand with the same results.

Thanks,

Isaac

If the extension where the snom phone is registered, the intercom will not work. Please take a look at the release notes - http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Release_Notes_3.3#Intercom. If the phone has just 1 registration, then it should work fine.

If the extension where the snom phone is registered, the intercom will not work. Please take a look at the release notes - http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Release_Notes_3.3#Intercom. If the phone has just 1 registration, then it should work fine.

I had been setting up the phone as an administrator phone. The phone itself has only one account, but I did have the sidecar full of BLFs. Can the snom phone support the xml notify list like the polycom? I believe that would reduce down to one registration. Is there any chance of updating this feature again?

Does this also effect multicast page audio?

I had been setting up the phone as an administrator phone. The phone itself has only one account, but I did have the sidecar full of BLFs. Can the snom phone support the xml notify list like the polycom? I believe that would reduce down to one registration. Is there any chance of updating this feature again?

Does this also effect multicast page audio?

If you just had 1 registration (you can verify that by going to Extension->Registration page), then the intercom should have worked. I am not sure we will update this feature back to old behavior. The reason is that, if you more than 1 UA registered and every one of them start the intercom, then the other folks can possibly hear the conversation.

Multicast page audio is not affected by this.