Snom firmware upgrading in 2.1

Kristan

Hi all,

Regarding the firmware upgrade options in the pnp for the snoms, what's the process for this? I have 10 360's on 6.5.8 I'd like to auto provision on a brand new PBX and thought great, I'll just let the PBX do it. Nope, when the phone subscribes to the sip mutlicast network it gets a user agent not supported back. Ok I thought, fair enough, going from 6->7 is probably a bit much to hope for, so upgraded the phone to 7.1.6 manually, reset it... and I can see it talks to the PBX via SSL, but not what happens. And the phone doesn't get upgraded any further, and it doesn't get auto-provisioned, despite me setting the MAC in the registration tab.

What have I done wrong? ;)

Also, I wanted to put 7.1.24 on, so changed the pnp config setting for the 360 in the admin menu to the 7.1.24 file, and put the firmware file in the tftp folder. Is this the right place?

Thanks,

Kristan

Hi all,

Regarding the firmware upgrade options in the pnp for the snoms, what's the process for this? I have 10 360's on 6.5.8 I'd like to auto provision on a brand new PBX and thought great, I'll just let the PBX do it. Nope, when the phone subscribes to the sip mutlicast network it gets a user agent not supported back. Ok I thought, fair enough, going from 6->7 is probably a bit much to hope for, so upgraded the phone to 7.1.6 manually, reset it... and I can see it talks to the PBX via SSL, but not what happens. And the phone doesn't get upgraded any further, and it doesn't get auto-provisioned, despite me setting the MAC in the registration tab.

What have I done wrong? ;)

Also, I wanted to put 7.1.24 on, so changed the pnp config setting for the 360 in the admin menu to the 7.1.24 file, and put the firmware file in the tftp folder. Is this the right place?

Thanks,

Kristan

Kristan:

I'm not sure we ever got sip multicast to work properly but attached works for us and gets the phones provisioned with pbxnsip. I'm sure there are several ways to do this, and maybe some are simpler. Hope some or all of this helps.

Regards, Fred

Provisioning_Snom_360_Phones_2.doc

snom360.htm