Patton 4112 SmartNode & Trunk Setup Help?

Caza Henha

Hi All,

Please bear in mind that I am new to Snom One and Patton, but I have configured other asterisk systems via FreePbx so the concepts are familar; but I may be a bit ignorant on a few proprietary things. Basically I have configured the Snom One and all the conenected phones, auto attendents etc and it is working fine. Where I am having trouble is with the Patton 4112 PSTN Gateway. Basically I have configured it as best I know how according to the SmartNode Config Generator Tool available via their appnotes page (http://www.patton.com/voip/appnotes.asp) to generate a specific "Snom One" smartnode configuration attached (SNOMONE.txt). However this is where I am lost, from this generated configuration (meant to work with the Snom One) how do I configure the Trunk to connect to the Patton, i.e. within Snom One Trunks do I configure a SIP Registration(s) or Gateway(s)? and what details do I need to use? I've tried the various options but I ether get "bad gateway" or nothing? From looking at the config it looks as though 2 SIP interfaces are created referring to 10015 & 10016 but these look as though they trying to register against the Snom One so I set-up to extensions 10015 and 10016 but this didn't help either? All I am trying to do is register the Patton as a SIP Trunk (or whaterver is needed) so that people can call in via either of the two lines (which incoming are linked to one telephone number) and hit an auto attendant and/or we can dial out via either available line (outgoing they appear as two seperate telephone numbers)? We're currently using the free version on Snom One as we only have 4 phones.

Any help appreciated,

Caza

SNOMONE.txt

Hi

This is how our 4112 2 line fxo is setup on a trunk. Notes are (in brackets)

I hope it helps

if you need my running config of the patton let me know and i'll post it.

Regards

Paul

# Trunk 5 in domain localhost

Name: Patton

Type: register

To: sip (nothing set)

RegPass: ******** (nothing set)

Direction: (Inbound outbound)

Disabled: false

Global: false

Display:

RegAccount:

RegRegistrar: 192.168.1.XXX (the IP address of the Patton)

RegKeep:

RegUser:

Icid:

Require:

OutboundProxy: 192.168.1.XXX (the IP address of the Patton)

Ani:

DialExtension: 72 (the Hunt group)

Prefix:

Trusted: false

AcceptRedirect: false

RfcRtp: false

Analog: false

SendEmail:

UseUuid: false

Ring180: false

Failover: only_5xx

Privacy: false

Glob:

RequestTimeout:

Codecs:

CodecLock: true

Expires: 3600

FromUser:

Tel: true

TranscodeDtmf: false

AssociatedAddresses:

InterOffice: false

DialPlan:

Colines:

DialogPermission:

• 1 month later...

Please could you send me your patton configuration file. I have the same problem with the same issue. I find your snom file config usefull but I still have no reaction with the trunk.

Could you explain me step by step haow to connect both devices.

Thanks in advance, Etienne.

Please could you send me your patton configuration file. I have the same problem with the same issue. I find your snom file config usefull but I still have no reaction with the trunk.

Could you explain me step by step haow to connect both devices.

Thanks in advance, Etienne.

Here's my running config you will need to edit it to work with your setup, unless the snom one pbx is at 192.168.1.13 on your network. edit at interface sip IF_SIP_1 and interface sip IF_SIP_2.

As far as step by step you load this file in to the patton (after the edit) setup a trunk as per the previous post and it should work, as it does for me. If you can not get it to work and you are sure it's the patton give patton tech support a call they are very good indeed and can remotly set the thing up for you, if you are really stuck. Snom one should just work as setup above, if it doesn't publish your config and if i cannot see whats wrong someone else will (i'm new aswell)

I assume you have a dialplan?

regards

Paul

pattonrun.txt