SPA942 won't register

collinsit

Hi there, I have loaded and setup the pbxnsip software. Most of it seems to be working ok and my ITSP is registering properly. I have a couple Linksys SPA phones and can't get them to register with the PBX. I configured a couple extensions on the server and set passwords on the extensions. I then went to the Extensions on the phones and following the integration instructions I entered the IP address of the PBX in the proxy setting and the extension number and extension password in the authentication settings. The phone then reboots and all the line lights go orange meaning the phone isn't registered. On the status page of the phone it says that it isn't registered too. Both phones are doing the same thing but they register fine with any other PBX I have tested.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi there, I have loaded and setup the pbxnsip software. Most of it seems to be working ok and my ITSP is registering properly. I have a couple Linksys SPA phones and can't get them to register with the PBX. I configured a couple extensions on the server and set passwords on the extensions. I then went to the Extensions on the phones and following the integration instructions I entered the IP address of the PBX in the proxy setting and the extension number and extension password in the authentication settings. The phone then reboots and all the line lights go orange meaning the phone isn't registered. On the status page of the phone it says that it isn't registered too. Both phones are doing the same thing but they register fine with any other PBX I have tested.

Anyone have any ideas?

I figured it out. It had to do with the domain naming. The phones are registering fine now.

FYI,

when that happens the best way to find out what's up is to look at the SIP log and see, if you see 500 errors then it's a network issue and 400 errors means a password issue for the most part ,

at least narrows it down a bit, the Linksys phones have no internal logging so I use Kiwi on the server to send syslog messages to ,..

good luck and good job ..

yori