problem putting calls on hold using snom300 phones

atilla.gahbro

using the latest code on pbxnsip and snom300 phones when a call is placed on hold by pressing the line key the call is held and the outside party hears music but the phone starts to generate a secondary tone and does not go away until the call is taken off hold. so essentially when you place a call onhold you have to listen to a fairly loud dial tone while you go about what ever you need to do. does anyone know of a fix for this ?

using the latest code on pbxnsip and snom300 phones when a call is placed on hold by pressing the line key the call is held and the outside party hears music but the phone starts to generate a secondary tone and does not go away until the call is taken off hold. so essentially when you place a call onhold you have to listen to a fairly loud dial tone while you go about what ever you need to do. does anyone know of a fix for this ?

First I think that you will need to read some Snom doc about their phone because its powerfull but you need to understand every option if you want that everythings goes well , but for now if you want to solve your problem go to your web admin interface on this Snom and disable the option "Dialtone on hold" and this is suppose to stop the second dialtone when you placed someone on hold.

Note:Upgrade your firmware to 6.5.2 if its not already done

i will try that. funny thing is that after getting dial tone if you place the handset in the cradle the dialtone still continues and at some point gets louder. most phones do have the option to give you dial tone after hold but only until you have the hadsret off-hook. thanks.

I looked at my 360 an this what you search

under Advanced

turn off "Dialtone during Hold:" :o