sending tones from cell phones

jdornbos

I've had recent issues with people trying to dial my extension or enter a conference room using cell phones. Both instances were with separate android phones. Do you know of any such known issues? Or is there a setting that needs to be modified in the android phone on how they send tones to the PBX?

Thanks for any assistance.

I've had recent issues with people trying to dial my extension or enter a conference room using cell phones. Both instances were with separate android phones. Do you know of any such known issues? Or is there a setting that needs to be modified in the android phone on how they send tones to the PBX?

This would be a problem with your sip trunking provider

• 3 months later...

Ah, Droid phones, iPhones, Blackberry....the bain of our collective telecom existence!!

Cell phones inherently send out short tone bursts, and the cell phone user needs to go into the menu of the phone and edit the 'tones' area, and change the setting to 'long tones'. This has always been the case with 'standard' cellphones, even going back to TDM days, prior to VoIP systems.

I don't know if this in and of itself would be the solution for the Droid phone problem, but it certainly needs checking.

-Jim

Guest Gary Fett

You may want to put some kind of security on your call conference or phone system to prevent unwanted people from accessing it.