Is GDMS supported yet or is it still GAPS ?

I think there's supposed to be API integration on v69 from what i've seen before. With what i remember from the GAPS integration it didn't really do anything because you still had to manually assign the MAC's to the appropriate server profile. GDMS as a platform looks similar to Yealink in functionality and features so it would be nice to find out about this. With Yealinks you set and forget!

3 hours ago, Vernon said:

I think there's supposed to be API integration on v69 from what i've seen before. With what i remember from the GAPS integration it didn't really do anything because you still had to manually assign the MAC's to the appropriate server profile. GDMS as a platform looks similar to Yealink in functionality and features so it would be nice to find out about this. With Yealinks you set and forget!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, not a good as Yealink's YMCS but a good contender, I don't hold much hope for the handsets :D but I will commit to trying them out.

• 1 month later...

Hi, jumping in.  I try real hard to provision my handsets and HT8xx adapter without luck so far..  What I have done so far:

1) Create a GDMS account, create in GDMS an organization, an RPS with the config pointing back to my pbx url (http://my.pbx.com/prov). Add bind the organization to this RPS

2)Activate the API Developer mode

3) At the admin level of configure the username with the API ID from that developer mode API tab in GDMS and use the secret key for the password.  The API Path to : https://www.gdms.cloud/oapi/v1.1.0.

4) In the tenant section / General Setting / Provisioning Parameters I configure the Admin password without special character since some issue if I use them in web interface

5) Went into the Tenant / Advanced / Device Manager and added the device including MAC and SN.  The SN is needed if I add the devices manually into GDMA so didn't take a chance.  

6) Make sure I no longer use DHCP 66 and Reset the Grandstream devices 

7) After reboot While the device is in provisioning mode I left tenant / went back to system admin / Phones / Settings and try to the Sync button and hope to see the device shows up in the GDMS.  I notice in the log, RPS Failed messages.

😎 Readded the device manually in GDMS I upgraded the firmware to latest, that worked so yes if the devices is added in the GDMS manually, I cant communicate with the device.

The only thing that I would like to understand is that System / Phones / Settings Sync button.  So far to have something working I created it in both place but I'm sure this is not what I should do.  But I can see the configuration on GDMS and can manage /  get the device info from there. To me it makes more sense to create it on the PBX Tenant Device and then go sync it with the GDMS, that seems to be the case when I log the RPS events level 9, hit that sync button and see that it does find based on than MAC address a GrandStream Device but the the log follow with an RPS Failed message. 

What would be awesome is not just populating the VoIP device section but also the SIP Server and SIP account and attribute them to the device parameter.

I'm quite new to Vodia and maybe this is not the right way to do it and might try Yealink phone and RPS to understand better the full process of RPS provisioning.  I have multiple HT8xx device in the field and really wish to manage them centrally.

Hopefully this forum will help.