Wrong Adress in Session Disc. Prot.

Bill H

I am connecting to a CS-410 as a remote station.

I can see the remote stations Remote IP Address (Ex. 71.211.22.33) on the Account Registration page

At the remote station I can call a cellphone and they can hear me, but I can't hear them.

When I looked at the SIP Trace the Session Discription Protocol shows the remote device with the Inernal IP address of the PBXNSIP not the external IP addreess I found.

How do I correct it be the correct External IP Address??

The CS_410 is connect to the customers LAN on its LAN Port.

I am connecting to a CS-410 as a remote station.

I can see the remote stations Remote IP Address (Ex. 71.211.22.33) on the Account Registration page

At the remote station I can call a cellphone and they can hear me, but I can't hear them.

When I looked at the SIP Trace the Session Discription Protocol shows the remote device with the Inernal IP address of the PBXNSIP not the external IP addreess I found.

How do I correct it be the correct External IP Address??

The CS_410 is connect to the customers LAN on its LAN Port.

If you have both a private and a public IP address configured, then you probably have a problem with the default gateway. If you tell the PBX to use a private address as the default gateway, it will send it there and then you will also see the private IP address in the SDP.

If you have only a private IP address things will get tricky. Then you should study http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_w...ic_IP_addresses. If you don't like what you read there get a public IP address...

If you have both a private and a public IP address configured, then you probably have a problem with the default gateway. If you tell the PBX to use a private address as the default gateway, it will send it there and then you will also see the private IP address in the SDP.

If you have only a private IP address things will get tricky. Then you should study http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_w...ic_IP_addresses. If you don't like what you read there get a public IP address...

I see the problem here.

The CS-410 is using its local LAN Address (192.168.1.99) in the SDP and that is an unroutable address from the remote stations standpoint.

I have resolved this problem with other products using STUN.

The customer has only 1 Public IP Address.

This is from the WIKI:

If you don’t have a second IP address things are getting a little bit trickier, but you can still deal with this.

You can add an additional IP routing entry in the PBX service (not in the operating system) that will tell the PBX that routing to a specific IP address will result in a specific IP address.

This is done in the setting "IP Routing List" which is just below the "SIP IP Replacement List".

Is this something I should be seeing in the CS-410???

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So it sounds like I would plug the LAN of the PBXNSIP into the router and give it STATIC 192.168.1.99 / 255.255.255.0 / 192.168.1.1 for IP Assignments

and also plug the WAN of PBXNSIP into the same router and give it STATIC Public IP Address / Public IP Addresses SNMask / Public IP Addresses Router asignments.

Is this correct?

I see the problem here.

The CS-410 is using its local LAN Address (192.168.1.99) in the SDP and that is an unroutable address from the remote stations standpoint.

I have resolved this problem with other products using STUN.

The customer has only 1 Public IP Address.

This is from the WIKI:

If you don't have a second IP address things are getting a little bit trickier, but you can still deal with this.

You can add an additional IP routing entry in the PBX service (not in the operating system) that will tell the PBX that routing to a specific IP address will result in a specific IP address.

This is done in the setting "IP Routing List" which is just below the "SIP IP Replacement List".

Is this something I should be seeing in the CS-410???

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So it sounds like I would plug the LAN of the PBXNSIP into the router and give it STATIC 192.168.1.99 / 255.255.255.0 / 192.168.1.1 for IP Assignments

and also plug the WAN of PBXNSIP into the same router and give it STATIC Public IP Address / Public IP Addresses SNMask / Public IP Addresses Router asignments.

I would not use STUN. It works in many cases, but not in all cases. STUN is extremly support intensive; there are so many routers out there that have different implementations of NAT. Some of them work "most of the time", then when your customer calls you you spend hours on the phone trying to figure out what the problem is.

Also, running the PBX on a not-routable IP address creates a lot of grief if you want to register phones to that address. Yes, there are "tricks" to get this working as well (described in that Wiki page). My bottom line is: If you want to connect remote users, get over it and get a public IP address.

Fortunately, most service providers understand that trunks mostly come from private IP addresses and they offer some kind of SBC service. So if you register a trunk to a service provider, you usally don't need a public IP address. I assume here that the service provider has a routable IP address!

On day when IPv6 is out, we'll all laugh about these problems.