Jump to content

Trunk broken after upgrade from 3.0 to 3.3.1


sean
 Share

Recommended Posts

man I am so pi****,

 

I spend a whole day, trying to figure out what happened.

 

As mentioned in the manual, I installed the new version on top of the old one.

The installer did NOT recognise the previously installed version. Is this a problem? did some config- Files not get converted?

 

Here's the problem:

 

We have set up some SIP-Registrations (trunks) with our provider. Everythig works fine on incoming calls, and on internal calls.

 

When I try to make an external call, the called number is not passed to our provider in the sip-invite. and the call obviously fails.

 

At some point it seemed to work, right after i configured the sip-Registration (Trunk) to NOT be global, and then back to global.

Only, after I've done this, the sip-Registration was gone from the list of Trunks.

 

It did not reapear after restarting the service or restarting the machine, though the xml-file was still in der /trunks directory, and the trunk was still successfully used in externel calls.

 

Since I did not feel to comfortable with this state, I reset the machine, and started over.

Same story when installung new version.

 

Only now i could not get the trunk to work again, no matter what i did.

 

Could someone please explain, why an easy update is such a hassel, and what to do about the disfunctioning SIP invites on the trunks?

 

Cheers, s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You need not have used the installer. You could have just stopped the service, copied the update and restarted it. That is not relevant now.

 

For registration of the trunk, please verify the account information. As far as making the calls, take a look at the "Trunk ANI & Rewrite global numbers". Select either 10 digit or 11 digit based on the provider's requirement. You should be able to place outbound calls.

 

 

 

man I am so pi****,

 

I spend a whole day, trying to figure out what happened.

 

As mentioned in the manual, I installed the new version on top of the old one.

The installer did NOT recognise the previously installed version. Is this a problem? did some config- Files not get converted?

 

Here's the problem:

 

We have set up some SIP-Registrations (trunks) with our provider. Everythig works fine on incoming calls, and on internal calls.

 

When I try to make an external call, the called number is not passed to our provider in the sip-invite. and the call obviously fails.

 

At some point it seemed to work, right after i configured the sip-Registration (Trunk) to NOT be global, and then back to global.

Only, after I've done this, the sip-Registration was gone from the list of Trunks.

 

It did not reapear after restarting the service or restarting the machine, though the xml-file was still in der /trunks directory, and the trunk was still successfully used in externel calls.

 

Since I did not feel to comfortable with this state, I reset the machine, and started over.

Same story when installung new version.

 

Only now i could not get the trunk to work again, no matter what i did.

 

Could someone please explain, why an easy update is such a hassel, and what to do about the disfunctioning SIP invites on the trunks?

 

Cheers, s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanx for you reply and sorry for my tone. I was quite frustrated at that time :/

 

I did try to just exchange the executable before, but the admin-website seemed to have been messed up by this.

 

Since I reverted back to the old version after my fruitless attempts to upgrade, i tried to upgrade by exchanging the executable again today. This time it did work. I guess I forgot to hit reload at my first attempt. :rolleyes:

 

Calling out works now, after setting the Rewrite global numbers to "european with 00" (Previously "Depending on configured countrycode).

 

Cheers, and happy easter,

 

sean

 

[edit 2009.04.13]

New Problem: The CallerID that ist presented to the external callee is incomplete and missing the areacode.

We would like to present an external number (not related to the internal or external Sip-accounts) to the callee.

 

In the domain-Settings I entered the folowing info (deleted all other info on the trunks):

 

countrycode: 49

areacode: 30

ANI: 2787xxxx

 

On the trunk the CLIP-Standard is set to RFC 3325 P-Asserted-Identity)

On the trunk, the option "always interpret SIP-URI as telephonenumber" is activated.

 

The number shown to the calle is +492787xxxx, so the areacode is missing between countrycode and ani.

Also, if i change the ani to the full number, i.e. +49302787xxxx, the areacode is stipped from it with the same result as before.

 

Any ideas?

 

[/Edit]

 

 

You need not have used the installer. You could have just stopped the service, copied the update and restarted it. That is not relevant now.

 

For registration of the trunk, please verify the account information. As far as making the calls, take a look at the "Trunk ANI & Rewrite global numbers". Select either 10 digit or 11 digit based on the provider's requirement. You should be able to place outbound calls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...