Accounts -> Redirection issues with cellphones

natedev

I have pbxnsip 3.3.1.377 (Win32). On Domain -> Accounts -> Redirection, I have the following:

Cell phone number: <my cellular number>

Confirmation: No confirmation required

Include the cell phone in calls to extension: Immediately

Specify time when system calls the cell phone: No specific time excluded

When I get incoming calls, both my Polycom SoundPoint IP 670 and my cellphone ring. The cellphone even shows the correct caller ID. However, if I answer the call on my cellphone, I get nothing. The call appears to be connected but there's no audio in either direction.

I can make and receive calls on my SoundPoint to the outside world so there doesn't appear to be a problem with my Broadvox trunk.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? I'm answering the cell on the first ring.

Thanks in advance.

PS: this has been a problem for me going back a while.

I have pbxnsip 3.3.1.377 (Win32). On Domain -> Accounts -> Redirection, I have the following:

Cell phone number: <my cellular number>

Confirmation: No confirmation required

Include the cell phone in calls to extension: Immediately

Specify time when system calls the cell phone: No specific time excluded

When I get incoming calls, both my Polycom SoundPoint IP 670 and my cellphone ring. The cellphone even shows the correct caller ID. However, if I answer the call on my cellphone, I get nothing. The call appears to be connected but there's no audio in either direction.

I can make and receive calls on my SoundPoint to the outside world so there doesn't appear to be a problem with my Broadvox trunk.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? I'm answering the cell on the first ring.

Thanks in advance.

PS: this has been a problem for me going back a while.

We got the same thing and it was a codex issus between gateway and PBX

We got the same thing and it was a codex issue between the gateway and PBX

Thanks for replying. How did you diagnose and resolve it? Did you change the Codec Preference on Admin -> Settings -> Ports or specify an Override Codec Preference in the Domain -> Trunks -> Edit? What type of SIP phone are you using?

We just did some testing. It's intermittent. I had one of my staff call our main number (Broadvox trunk) from their cellphone. That one forked to my cell properly. Then, the next 3 calls didn't fork properly.

After some more testing, we found that all calls from our SoundPoint IP 670s (internal) to an extension would connect properly to the cell phones. Only calls coming in from the Broadvox trunk fail to connect to the cells.