Show on snom phone what phone # a call came in on?

mattlandis

What is the best way to indicate the phone line # the call came in on?

The person answering needs to answer diffference depending which line (not just which trunk, but which line on the pstn trunk).

-On pstn line coming into a patton4114

-or-

-on a sip trunk

Need to show this on a snom3xx.

thanks!

Matt

What is the best way to indicate the phone line # the call came in on?

The person answering needs to answer diffference depending which line (not just which trunk, but which line on the pstn trunk).

-On pstn line coming into a patton4114

-or-

-on a sip trunk

Need to show this on a snom3xx.

thanks!

Matt

I have thought about this also.

I didn't see anything in the Trunk settings that could be labeled like "ABC Corp".

My solution is to have the Trunk go to a Hunt Group (which can have a name like "ABC Corp") and the place any extension(s) in the Hunt Group and set From-Header: to Group Name.

If someone has a cleaner method, please let us know.....

Bill H

Thanks, thats what I did to acheive that functionality.

There is one problem: depending on what pstn port the call comes in on (on the 4 port patton4114 pstn gateway) i need to direct to a different Attendent. How do i do that?

In the trunk I have "Send call to extension: " = 70 72 70 70

but that doesn't seem to direct it.

How do i get a specific port (specific CO line) on a 4 port trunk to goto a specific Attendent?

thanks!

matt

Thanks, thats what I did to acheive that functionality.

There is one problem: depending on what pstn port the call comes in on (on the 4 port patton4114 pstn gateway) i need to direct to a different Attendent. How do i do that?

In the trunk I have "Send call to extension: " = 70 72 70 70

but that doesn't seem to direct it.

How do i get a specific port (specific CO line) on a 4 port trunk to goto a specific Attendent?

thanks!

matt

I don't have any experience with the Patton.

I did look at one (set up screens) a couple of times and it looks like one of the most confusing and difficult gateways to work with.

Anyway, you would need to see if there is a way to partition the ports in the gateway into separate groups.

Audiocodes and Grandstream will do this and I have been able to create 2 Trunk Groups or more in these gateways.

Something like Trunk Group 1 (in the gateway) is 192.168.1.123 port xxxx on PBXNSIP Trunk 001 SIP Gateway

and Trunk Group 2 is 192.168.1.123 port zzzz on PBXNSIP Trunk 002 SIP Gateway.

The gateway Trunk Groups could be from 1 to 4 gateway ports.

The IP Address will be the same since all Trunks are in the same gateway. Its the Ports that make the difference....

Then set your Auto Attendants account number in each of the respective trunks (001 002 003 etc...) Send call to extension:

Bill H