Snom 300 and PnP Dialplan

For some reason the dialplan being passed to my snom 300 phones is not allowing me to dial 9 for an outgoing line. When I dial any seven digits starting with anything other than 1, it fails.

I looked and the generated dialplan it's pushing to the phone is called snom_3xx_dialplan_usa4.xml

Inside, the code reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <dialplan>
 <template match="1.........." timeout="0" user="phone" /> 
 <template match="[2-7]..." timeout="0" user="phone" /> 
 <template match="8[2-7]..." timeout="0" user="phone" /> 
 <template match="[2-9]11" timeout="0" user="phone" /> 
 </dialplan>

Well, here it is. There is no way I could dial 9,1 213 555 1212 - with the above plan. It's set for 1+ dialing.

But I have the dialplan set up for 9* and the provisioning is set to USA 4 digits!

Is there some place I'm missing to get the pbx to make the adjustments to the above auto-generated file so it would be "91..........."?

Thanks for any help.

Alex

Well, the idea was to simplify the dialing, by taking out the requirement to dial 9 to 'sieze' the outgoing line. In any case, you can modify this file to suit your need and reboot the phone to fetch the new file.

For some reason the dialplan being passed to my snom 300 phones is not allowing me to dial 9 for an outgoing line. When I dial any seven digits starting with anything other than 1, it fails.

I looked and the generated dialplan it's pushing to the phone is called snom_3xx_dialplan_usa4.xml

Inside, the code reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <dialplan>
 <template match="1.........." timeout="0" user="phone" /> 
 <template match="[2-7]..." timeout="0" user="phone" /> 
 <template match="8[2-7]..." timeout="0" user="phone" /> 
 <template match="[2-9]11" timeout="0" user="phone" /> 
 </dialplan>

Well, here it is. There is no way I could dial 9,1 213 555 1212 - with the above plan. It's set for 1+ dialing.

But I have the dialplan set up for 9* and the provisioning is set to USA 4 digits!

Is there some place I'm missing to get the pbx to make the adjustments to the above auto-generated file so it would be "91..........."?

Thanks for any help.

Alex

OK, but in other examples you show dial 9 being used in your dial plans - but you have hard coded certain phone models not to allow this behavior? I guess I don't understand why you would do this.

So, if I understand your response correctly you're saying I need to manually adjust the dial plan xml file to allow the dial 9 behavior? Two questions:

- Where do I put the modified snom_3xx_dialplan_usa4.xml file so it gets pushed to all phones?

- How do I ensure this file does not get overwritten by the pbx when a phone registers - as it seems it gets re-generated each time any change is made.

-

FYI, in the U.S. business market easily 90% of all corporate systems still dial a 9 to get an "outside" line. Any installation of a system like this into a corporate environment is gradual which means I have to replicate the behavior of the current system while I'm cutting over. While it may "simplify" dialing to not use a 9, in many situations it would become a training nightmare as some phones would dial 9 and some would not. Ideally your system should adjust these provisioning files based on the dial plan setup. Currently it's very confusing.

Well, the idea was to simplify the dialing, by taking out the requirement to dial 9 to 'sieze' the outgoing line. In any case, you can modify this file to suit your need and reboot the phone to fetch the new file.