PSTN Trunk Failure - Busys Out

Alex Kasperavicius

Hi All -

On a new cs410 installation trunk 1 simply busys out (short circuits or is seized) after a few hours and there is no log entry. Outgoing calls no longer use that trunk and no calls show in progress. A hard restart and all is well for now. I will see what it's like tomorrow but it's feeling like a hardware issue. Has anyone else experienced this one?

This is on an AT&T 5ESS and I am getting CPC signals from the phone company. Thoughts?

AK

Hi All -

On a new cs410 installation trunk 1 simply busys out (short circuits or is seized) after a few hours and there is no log entry. Outgoing calls no longer use that trunk and no calls show in progress. A hard restart and all is well for now. I will see what it's like tomorrow but it's feeling like a hardware issue. Has anyone else experienced this one?

This is on an AT&T 5ESS and I am getting CPC signals from the phone company. Thoughts?

AK

I had the exact same issue today and I have a support request open about it. What seemed to happen here was that a call was answered, but when the user hung up, the line didn't go back to the on-hook state - the line was just jammed.

I had the exact same issue today and I have a support request open about it. What seemed to happen here was that a call was answered, but when the user hung up, the line didn't go back to the on-hook state - the line was just jammed.

What version of PBX is running on the CS410? Please upgrade it to 3.4, if it not.

Also, we have updated the sipfxo(based on the 3.4 of the PBX version) with more logging and is available for testing

You will need to follow these steps to update the CS410 with the new sipfxo

1. Download the new version from http://pbxnsip.com/cs410/sipfxo-8-6

2. SSH into CS410 and backup the current /pbx/sipfxo from the CS410.

3. Copy the 'sipfxo-8-6' as 'sipfxo' to the /pbx folder and then perform 'chmod a+x sipfxo'

4. Reboot the CS410.

5. Set the PSTN logging and the log level to 8

6. Report back with the log if you find the problem.

• 1 month later...

Our most reliable CS410 is below. 90 days of uptime - only 5 extensions and no email sending of email attachments.

This system is attached to 4 Analog Lines provide from a CISCO IAD 2400FX16 from a Nuvox FlexIP circuit.

The FXOSIP update mentioned in this post is a replacement for the previously provide FXO update installed via the WEB UPDATE? Correct.

Version: 3.2.0.3143 (Linux)

License Status: Appliance Key

License Duration: Permanent

Additional license information: Extensions: 10/32 Accounts: 20/40

Working Directory: /pbx

MAC Addresses: 001915683FD0 001915683FD1

Calls: 1610/58 (CDR: 1156) 0/0 Calls

SIP packet statistics: Tx: 786047 Rx: 786325

Emails: Successful sent: 274 Unsuccessful attempts: 0

Available file system space: 67%

Uptime: 90 20:34:41 (7561 8481024-0) WAV cache: 1