"All Trunks are Busy" dialplan needed

Isaac Schneider

Hello,

I have an environment where we switched from a key system to a CS410 running in pbx mode. I have run into frustration on the end users part when dialing out I get a call failed. They do not know if it is a system error or trunk availability. I know it is from trunk availability but they need to have a recording.

1. I ended up creating an extension 599 and placing a recording of "All Trunks are Busy, Please Hang up and try your call again"

2. For trunks I have one group of the builtin POTS ports, I have enabled failover on all error codes.

3. In the dial plan I have created an entry after the POTS trunk: 300:EXTENSION:*:599

It will not fail over to the 599 message. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Isaac.

Is the call being sent to the extension 599? Probably, a SIP trace will tell us.

Hello,

I have an environment where we switched from a key system to a CS410 running in pbx mode. I have run into frustration on the end users part when dialing out I get a call failed. They do not know if it is a system error or trunk availability. I know it is from trunk availability but they need to have a recording.

1. I ended up creating an extension 599 and placing a recording of "All Trunks are Busy, Please Hang up and try your call again"

2. For trunks I have one group of the builtin POTS ports, I have enabled failover on all error codes.

3. In the dial plan I have created an entry after the POTS trunk: 300:EXTENSION:*:599

It will not fail over to the 599 message. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Isaac.