How do you disable the call waiting feature?

voipguy

Hi,

Does anyone know how to disable the call waiting feature per extension? The extension is setup with a Linksys SPA2102 adapter.

I can't seem to find any * codes that enables or disables call waiting for an extension.

Thanks

Call Waiting Enable / Disable is usually set in the phone or adapter.

Take a look in your Linksys adapter for a setting.

Call Waiting Enable / Disable is usually set in the phone or adapter.

Take a look in your Linksys adapter for a setting.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

So PBXNSIP doesn't have a * code to disable/enable call waiting? It would be great if they could add this feature so the end customer can control it.

Most of our customers wouldn't know how to even get into their Linksys adapters.

You could go to the Registration page in system programming and set LINES to 1.

This would stop call waiting but also limit them to only one call (in/out) at a time.

Hi Bill H,

I just went to the Registration page and I do see the LINES box but I don't have to put in a "1" because I just noticed below the LINES box is the "Enable Call Waiting: On Off" option. Wow, did they ever hide this option in a weird place.

I'm using version 4.0.1.3438 not sure if you see the "Enable Call Waiting:" field in your version.

This is great but would be better if the end user could pickup their phone and dial a * code to enable/disable. The end user can't even turn it on or off through their web browser, only admin can.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hi Bill H,

I just went to the Registration page and I do see the LINES box but I don't have to put in a "1" because I just noticed below the LINES box is the "Enable Call Waiting: On Off" option. Wow, did they ever hide this option in a weird place.

I'm using version 4.0.1.3438 not sure if you see the "Enable Call Waiting:" field in your version.

This is great but would be better if the end user could pickup their phone and dial a * code to enable/disable. The end user can't even turn it on or off through their web browser, only admin can.

We are using Version: 3.4.0.3198 (Win32)

The Call Waiting Enable/Disable feature is not on my Registration page.

If we go forward with Version 4 I guess I will see it then.

Glad I could help.

• 1 month later...
Hi Bill H,

In version 4.0.1.3499 they removed the "Enable Call waiting feature" why? Now if a customer wants call waiting disabled we have to set the Lines: value to 1 which disabled call waiting but it also disables the customers cobference/2 way calling feature.

Why remove something that was working just fine?

In version 4.0.1.3499 they removed the "Enable Call waiting feature" why? Now if a customer wants call waiting disabled we have to set the Lines: value to 1 which disabled call waiting but it also disables the customers cobference/2 way calling feature.

Why remove something that was working just fine?

You can find that at the bottom of the Account->General page (instead of Registration page)