Issues with Version 4.0.1.3499 (Win32)

jlumby

I am trying out version 4.0.1.3499 (Win32) for the first time. I am very fluent with the latest version of 3.4, however I am noticing the following issues with 4.0.1.3499 (Win32)

When receiving a call on a global trunk, it cannot find the extension unless the trunk is in the same domain as the extension, I have my send calls to extension field blank, however filling an exact extension in there does not work unless it is in the same domain.

I have found that if you have * in the Explicitly specify park orbit preference: of an extension, It prompts you for the park orbit, and that works properly, however when retrieving, it prompts, and when you enter the orbit number, nothing ever happens. I know the problem is only with retrieving, since typing the full * code including orbit number, and dialing it in 1 shot still works.

If failover is set on a trunk, and the call does not go into connected state before the request timeout timer, it fails over to the next trunk in the dialplan. In 3.4 it did not do this as long as it got a SIP responce from the gateway. This was usefull because if the gateway was down, you could have a short timer, and it would fail to the next gateway. In version 4 if you have a short timer it will fail to the next trunk while ringing

When editing a dialplan in the text editor mode, when you use global trunks that are not in the domain it fails to add those lines, however if done traditionally, the problem does not exist. I am sure there are no typos since if I take a working dialplan copy/paste it into a new one, it leaves off all of the global trunks that are not in the domain. I think this might be related to my first issue listed above. I have also noticed that after it has failed with the text version once, if you try to add lines to the dial plan the traditional way, it fails to add them, and the dialplan must be deleted.

I like the addition of the ANI for emergency calls, however I think you should be able to specify it at a domain level as well as the extension level.

I like how you can type in an extension number and jump directly from 1 extension to the next, however I feel this feature should be available on all pages of the extension. It became quite combersom when I had to apply intercom rights to a bunch of extensions, and always click through the pages of the extension to get there. Previous/next buttons on each page within the extension would work well as well

I have also notice when you click on the button to list extensions, it takes you back to page 1, and not the page you were on. I liked how 3.4 kept you on the same page.

Please let me know of any workarounds/suggestions for these issues.

I am trying out version 4.0.1.3499 (Win32) for the first time. I am very fluent with the latest version of 3.4, however I am noticing the following issues with 4.0.1.3499 (Win32)

When receiving a call on a global trunk, it cannot find the extension unless the trunk is in the same domain as the extension, I have my send calls to extension field blank, however filling an exact extension in there does not work unless it is in the same domain.

I have found that if you have * in the Explicitly specify park orbit preference: of an extension, It prompts you for the park orbit, and that works properly, however when retrieving, it prompts, and when you enter the orbit number, nothing ever happens. I know the problem is only with retrieving, since typing the full * code including orbit number, and dialing it in 1 shot still works.

If failover is set on a trunk, and the call does not go into connected state before the request timeout timer, it fails over to the next trunk in the dialplan. In 3.4 it did not do this as long as it got a SIP responce from the gateway. This was usefull because if the gateway was down, you could have a short timer, and it would fail to the next gateway. In version 4 if you have a short timer it will fail to the next trunk while ringing

When editing a dialplan in the text editor mode, when you use global trunks that are not in the domain it fails to add those lines, however if done traditionally, the problem does not exist. I am sure there are no typos since if I take a working dialplan copy/paste it into a new one, it leaves off all of the global trunks that are not in the domain. I think this might be related to my first issue listed above. I have also noticed that after it has failed with the text version once, if you try to add lines to the dial plan the traditional way, it fails to add them, and the dialplan must be deleted.

I like the addition of the ANI for emergency calls, however I think you should be able to specify it at a domain level as well as the extension level.

I like how you can type in an extension number and jump directly from 1 extension to the next, however I feel this feature should be available on all pages of the extension. It became quite combersom when I had to apply intercom rights to a bunch of extensions, and always click through the pages of the extension to get there. Previous/next buttons on each page within the extension would work well as well

I have also notice when you click on the button to list extensions, it takes you back to page 1, and not the page you were on. I liked how 3.4 kept you on the same page.

Please let me know of any workarounds/suggestions for these issues.

There are couple of changes in this regard -

• First, if you are using global trunk, then you will have to use the DIDs so that if the trunk does not find the 'account' in its domain (if the global trunk is in a different domain), then it will search for DIDs. Second, you will have to set the country code, on both the global trunk domain & the account domain. This is required to take care of the 10/11 digit dialing. If you support 7 digit dialing, then you need to set the area code too.

We will verify the park orbit, dialplan text mode, issue here.

There is a default ANI at the domain level. Also, there is an ANI at the extensios->general page. Are you looking for something else?

On the web page comments, yes, we will be improving some of those soon.

Setting the country code, and trunk did the trick. I have purpously been not setting this on version 3, because I do not want to PBX re-writing my numbers, unless I specifilly ask it to do so in the dialplan, so it is a shame that version 4 forces you to turn this feature on.

As for your statement about the ANI at the domain level, you are correct that there is a domain default ANI, however I need a domain default E911 ANI

Have you had a chance to look into the other issues? The park/retrieve is very important, since it is holding back upgrading a customer to Ver4, and the customer is in dire need of DoS protection. He gets taken down about once a week by the not so "friendly-scanner"

Setting the country code, and trunk did the trick. I have purpously been not setting this on version 3, because I do not want to PBX re-writing my numbers, unless I specifilly ask it to do so in the dialplan, so it is a shame that version 4 forces you to turn this feature on.

As for your statement about the ANI at the domain level, you are correct that there is a domain default ANI, however I need a domain default E911 ANI

Have you had a chance to look into the other issues? The park/retrieve is very important, since it is holding back upgrading a customer to Ver4, and the customer is in dire need of DoS protection. He gets taken down about once a week by the not so "friendly-scanner"

Well, if you do not want to set the country code/area code/trunk settings etc, then you can still have everything working like v3. But for that you need to work with the dialplan. We are in the process of writing an 'article' on it.

The park & retrieve issue has been fixed. Please PM for the version.