incoming call on the fax numbers

lirees

Hi,

i have a isdn line with 3 numbers connected with snom one through the patton 4554, but only one of those numbers is the voice number the other is connect to a fax machines, how can do to set up the pbx for not answer when a incoming call on the number of fax

thanks

Use "The Stick", it senses the CNG tone before it gets to the machine and diverts it to the fax machine. If no CNG tone, it lets it flow through.

What do you mean by "If no CNG tone, it lets it flow through" ???

I know the fax numbers that the PBX does not manage ... in theory, as well as in DID the pbx forward the call to a specific extension, i must to configure the PBX when on a incoming call on this number does not do anything ... but how can I do ??

thank

What do you mean by "If no CNG tone, it lets it flow through" ???

I know the fax numbers that the PBX does not manage ... in theory, as well as in DID the pbx forward the call to a specific extension, i must to configure the PBX when on a incoming call on this number does not do anything ... but how can I do ??

thank

Ah, I am sorry I thought you had POTS lines being converted through the patton device. The Stick is a POTS line switchif you had an analog (POTS) line it would answer the line check for CNG (FAX) tone and either send it to the fax machine or the regular voice line if it did not have fax tone.

-Steve

If you leave the send call to extension blank in the trunk and then in the extension you where you want to route the call to i.e. the extension number of the ATA or fax server you would put the DID in there. So then the other two DID's you would send them to the AA if that is where you want them to go by putting the DID's in the account name field of the AA. So if your AA is 123 and your DID is 5551212 and 5551213 you would put 123 5551212 5551213 for the account so the pbx knows how to route the calls there.

In my case, unfortunately, fax machines are outside the pbx and are not connected to an ATA but direcly connected to the isdn line.

The only solution that i found is modify the patton 4554 so that it not forwards to the snom one the calls direct to the fax numbers.

On the patton 4554 in the "call-router" under the "routing table" i have added this entry for each trunk with the pbx :

called-e164 : my-fax-number Destination: none

thanks