automatic csv import of addressbook?

grufo

i have importet over 13000 addresses manual with the webinterface into snomone - works great! :-)

but i would like to automate this - our customers get more and more every day, so i would like to import my csv file which i get from our erp system into snomone daily.

is it possible to import a csv file into snomone without going through the webinterface?

i have importet over 13000 addresses manual with the webinterface into snomone - works great! :-)

but i would like to automate this - our customers get more and more every day, so i would like to import my csv file which i get from our erp system into snomone daily.

is it possible to import a csv file into snomone without going through the webinterface?

I'm sure it can be done via web service. I would have to talk to our developer for specifics.

But 13,000! why? that might cause some issues with performance.

until now i had no troubles with performance!

the names of incoming calls got listed immediately.

searching for someone in the webinterface is very fast either.

running on a 7 year old dual core pentium 4 3ghz processor with 1 gb memory and an western digital 120 gb harddisk (WD1200JB-00D) - it works great! :-)

the snomone-system is planned to be used in a logistic company and they do need all their customers in the addressbook - per year there will be abount 4.000 more addresses in the addressbook.

maybe an external ldap addressbook would be an alternative - but how to connect the phones to it and which ldap-scheme to use? :-)

we use the addressbook to see the name of the caller at the display.

to call users we use a pre-release of an application called freegutti which just calls any number you have selected with your mouse - the only thing you have to do ist to press f9. so we can call directly from every application or website.

freegutti is build for snom phones, it takes an ip-address from the registry and sends the selected telephone number to the phone which calls it.