snomOne & Ubuntu

Walter

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm not very familiar with linux, so I wanted to ask if snomeOne will install under Ubuntu Desktop v10 ?

Also if will it be much difference using server ubuntu than Desktop ubuntu? I know server doesn't have a graphic interface.

Thank you.

Sorry I dind't thank you earlier.

I did try it in Ubuntu, but now I installed Debian witht he graphic interface and is working faster than in Ubuntu, plus I had a weird problem in Ubuntu when I switched to static IP it never did switch, it kep using DHCP, I think it was something to do with Gnome or whatever, but was odd, that you can't make a simple change like that in the graphic enviroment. IN Debian works like a charm.

Thank you.

Sorry I dind't thank you earlier.

I did try it in Ubuntu, but now I installed Debian witht he graphic interface and is working faster than in Ubuntu, plus I had a weird problem in Ubuntu when I switched to static IP it never did switch, it kep using DHCP, I think it was something to do with Gnome or whatever, but was odd, that you can't make a simple change like that in the graphic enviroment. IN Debian works like a charm.

Thank you.

I had to remove DHCP. DHCP caused an issue with allowing a static to work. After I removed it, it worked fine.

I had to remove DHCP. DHCP caused an issue with allowing a static to work. After I removed it, it worked fine.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one, well actually google the problem and found a lot of ways tog et around it.

Debian looks almost the same, menus are in the same place, and I didn't have that problem, it disconnects the Network and reconnects it under the new IP.

and the nominal Memory and Processor usage s less when idle or working in Debian that what it was in Ubuntu.

What I like about ubuntu is the large hcl they have. I use desktop so I can remote into the pbx and use it's web browser to work on the phones.

Same with debian with he Graphic interface installed. Remote into it. and see the desktop.

Since it will only be the PBX and the load of it is less than UBUNTU and windows open faster than in UBUNTU I made the selection.

Try it , I installed both in the same pc so I know the difference on speed is not the PC.

Debian will give you the option to install the graphic interface at the first screen, and you can also install the email server and use it to send Voice mail to email if PC is strong enough for it.

Same with debian with he Graphic interface installed. Remote into it. and see the desktop.

Since it will only be the PBX and the load of it is less than UBUNTU and windows open faster than in UBUNTU I made the selection.

Try it , I installed both in the same pc so I know the difference on speed is not the PC.

Debian will give you the option to install the graphic interface at the first screen, and you can also install the email server and use it to send Voice mail to email if PC is strong enough for it.

I will try it on the next build :)