snomOne Plus Line-in Music on Hold

lakelandnetworks

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Music on Hold to play in our snomOne Plus system from the LINE IN port on the device. This is the snomOne Plus for those who may not know:

snom+ONE+Plus+appliance.png

There is a Line in port on the device, but when we go into the System Administration --> Settings --> General --> Music on Hold and try to create a new source, in the "TYPE" dropdown field, the only options are "FILE" and "RTP STREAM".

At one point, I'm 95% sure there was an option to stream from the Line In port, but I think I accidentally deleted it. Having a radio attached to the port, and rebooting the system, didn't auto-magically make it re-appear. :-(

As I'm unable to get the RTP streaming to work with a local radio station, it is very important to get this working. So I'm curious, does anyone know how to re-enable this feature? The snomOne Plus is a linux based version of the system, and I'm quite familar with Linux, but I'm not familiar with how and where Vodia/snomOne stores its configuration files and where to possibly look to edit a configuration file...

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Lakeland

To add to this, I found the Music on Hold configuration files in:

/usr/local/snomONE/moh

I also found backups for the system in:

/var/backup

In the above folder, I found a few system backups, one of which when I downloaded had an xml file from a previous version of the "/usr/local/snomONE/moh" directory. The file name was simply "2.xml" and it had this content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<row><domain/><file/><name>Wave Input</name><string>wavein</string><type>wavein</type></row>

So it looks like my memory was correct as there was a third option, but I'm not sure this is the choice I'd want for LINE IN from the sound card. Does anyone know for sure?

I restored the "2.xml" file to appropriate directory, but the system doesn't see it when I browse too:

System Administration --> Settings --> General --> Music on Hold

But possibly a reboot of the system will have it rebuild it's MoH sources? Anyways, still digging....

Oh and in case anyone is wonder, here is our system info:

Please use the information shown on this web page when you request help from the support team.

Software-Version: 	5.1.2 (CentOS32)
Build Date: 	Sep 19 2013 15:24:48
License Status: 	snom ONE twenty #####################################################
License Duration: 	Permanent
Additional license information: 	Domains: 1/1, Calls: 2/10, G729A: 10, Extensions: 12/20, Attendants: 1/4, Callingcards: 1/2, Hunt Groups: 1/4, Paging Groups: 0/0, Service Flags: 5/20, IVR Nodes: 0/20, Agent Groups: 1/1, Conference Rooms: 1/2, CO Lines: 7/20, Adhoc Recording, Barge, Listen, Whisper, Trunk Accounting, Prepaid, Fax2Email
Working Directory: 	/usr/local/snomONE
MAC Addresses: 	###################
DNS Servers: 	#########################
IPv4 Addresses: 	127.0.0.1 ##################
CDR Records: 	Duration(7d): trunk = 254, extension = 217, ivr = 418
Calls: 	Total 9359/1719, Active 2/3 Calls
SIP packet statistics: 	Tx: 15085369 Rx: 15089236
Emails: 	Successful sent: 524 Unsuccessful attempts: 0
Available file system space: 	85%
Uptime: 	2014/5/12 17:24:58 (uptime: 174 days 19:35:01) (117097 119528-0) WAV cache: 3
Number of HTTP sessions: 	Sessions: 1; Threads: SIP=10, HTTP=3
Domain Statistics: 	Total Domains: 1, Total Accounts: 33

Thanks for your response, but this seems like an essential feature. It's the simplest and most efficient method of getting on-hold music, why would you not support it? Setting up a secondary PC to stream VLC audio to the phone system, seems extremely unnecessary and ridculous.

Is it possible to install VLC onto the snomOne Plus and do this onboard? I'm not sure of the root password for the system, just the "admin" and "superadmin". I noticed SUDO is setup to allow certain commands, but gaining root is not one of them.

it's possible to install VLC on the cmd line and run the service locally however it has not been tested. Maybe setting it up 1st on some machine and see if the streaming works, if you're successful then I don't see why it wouldn't worked locally.

It would be better to add some audio file into the machine as well saving you time from fiddling with the cmd line.

I can't even try installing VLC RPM since I have no idea what the root password is (I could go into Single-User mode, but would need to be onsite to do that.) We currently have an audio file, but the customer would really like a local radio station playing (we are a snom VAR by the way). Since none of the local stations provide a pure RTP stream, I can't add them into the system. The ones they would prefer are:

Hunter's Bay Radio - (Stream: http://74.119.88.66/test.html)

Moose FM - (Stream: http://s1.hotdogradio.com/CFBK)

I've tried putting both these into the snom One, but perhaps I'm putting in the wrong URL?? If you are familar with the syntax, could you tell me if it's possible with either of these stations?

Thanks!