Registering ITSP accounts on the CS410

Steve-Alloy

Anyone had any issues with one-way voice on the CS410.

I have the CS410 sitting behind a NAT router with all ports forwarded to the CS410 from the router.

Outbound calls out my 2 different ITSP accounts are ok, but inbound calls i get one way voice! The external (Calling party) cannot hear me but i can hear them ok.

Any suggestions? am i missing something in the CS410?

Anyone had any issues with one-way voice on the CS410.

I have the CS410 sitting behind a NAT router with all ports forwarded to the CS410 from the router.

Outbound calls out my 2 different ITSP accounts are ok, but inbound calls i get one way voice! The external (Calling party) cannot hear me but i can hear them ok.

Any suggestions? am i missing something in the CS410?

Generally, http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/One-way_Audio should be a interesting checklist. This setup is described in http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_w...ic_IP_addresses.

The problem here should be that the PBX does not know what the public IP address is. So you will have to work with the IP replacement list. Generally, this is very complicated, tricky, error-prone and everything. It is recommended to use a transparent router (no NAT) and configure the eth2 interface with a routable IP address.

Also, make sure that the CS410 does not run DHCP on both ports. This screws the routing table up in Linux (that is a general Linux problem), at least if both DHCP servers give a IP gateway.

Generally, http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/One-way_Audio should be a interesting checklist. This setup is described in http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_w...ic_IP_addresses.

The problem here should be that the PBX does not know what the public IP address is. So you will have to work with the IP replacement list. Generally, this is very complicated, tricky, error-prone and everything. It is recommended to use a transparent router (no NAT) and configure the eth2 interface with a routable IP address.

Also, make sure that the CS410 does not run DHCP on both ports. This screws the routing table up in Linux (that is a general Linux problem), at least if both DHCP servers give a IP gateway.

I have tried the IP replacement list and it infact made the problem worse, i only had one way voice when dialling out through my ITSP.

I dont have the option of using a routable IP address and i need to get this working with a NAT router. It is also not a codec problem as i have double checked this.

The CS410 is also not running DHCP on both ports, im only using the WAN port at the moment.

There must be some way of getting this to work behind NAT.

Any other suggestions?

Okay. Because you have only one IP address, the "Separation by IP Address" does not work. So you must use the "Separation by Route" method.

So you should use the setting "192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0/192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/123.124.125.126". Fill in you public IP address here.

Also, you must make sure that your router does not change the ports for outbound traffic. That may be a problem. For example, if there is another device in the LAN (e.g. a regular SIP phone) sending traffic to the public Internet from port 5060, then this device might take NAT port 5060 on the router - which is then not available any more for the DMZ. Unfortunately most SOHO routers have very limited routing capabilities.

Okay. Because you have only one IP address, the "Separation by IP Address" does not work. So you must use the "Separation by Route" method.

So you should use the setting "192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0/192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/123.124.125.126". Fill in you public IP address here.

Also, you must make sure that your router does not change the ports for outbound traffic. That may be a problem. For example, if there is another device in the LAN (e.g. a regular SIP phone) sending traffic to the public Internet from port 5060, then this device might take NAT port 5060 on the router - which is then not available any more for the DMZ. Unfortunately most SOHO routers have very limited routing capabilities.

That makes sense and i have tried it but i am still getting the same result, (one way audio on inbound call, outbound is ok) and i have now tried 2 different NAT routers. Is there any types/models of routers that you are aware of that can handle this type of routing?

Do you have a recommended setup for situations like mine?

Also what is the reason for provisioning phones on the WAN port and not on the LAN?

That makes sense and i have tried it but i am still getting the same result, (one way audio on inbound call, outbound is ok) and i have now tried 2 different NAT routers. Is there any types/models of routers that you are aware of that can handle this type of routing?

Do you have a recommended setup for situations like mine?

Of course IPv6 or at least a public IPv4 address. It all comes down to the question if the PBX can present a routable IP address and port. If you don't have a routable address, you can not seriously run a PBX there...

Those port forwarding and DMZ games are really extremly support unfriendly. Sooner or later, you'll get the next issue because some idiot in the network blocks the RTP ports on the DMZ or something else. Finding those kind of problems takes extremly long time, and in the eyes of the customers it makes you look goofy. It is simply a fix, not a solution.

Also what is the reason for provisioning phones on the WAN port and not on the LAN?

In principle the device has two Ethernet interfaces. They are called "LAN" and "WAN" just because marketing read somewhere that devices must have two ports (us technical guys, we could of course also configure two IP addresses on the same port or just use VLAN, but that is hard to imaging for people trying to sell a tangible product). Is the LAN connected? There is a problem if you have two IP gateways on the system, then the Linux gets into trouble. The 2933 image has a JavaScript trying to protect the admin from entering such dangerous combinations.