No VM

Kristan

A strange one (aren't all mine? :) )

When calling extension from an external number, 9 times out of 10 instead of the caller getting my greeting and going to my VM, they just get silence and can't leave a message. 10th time, it works!

The wireshark trace shows the PBX isn't sending any audio after the initial connection, but is receiving it fine - any ideas??

PBX is running 3.0.0.2976

Ta!

Does the PBX advertize a useful address and port in the SDP? Maybe some of the RTP ports are not "visible" from the outside? Is this an issue with a UA coming from the wild Internet?

SDP looks fine - setup is Vega ISDN->asterisk->PBXnSIP. It's been working fine until (as far as I can tell) we installed the v3 build, though that could just be co-incidence. Also all normal incoming calls are fine, it's just when it tries to send it to VM.

I can PM you the pcap if you want? It's only 160k

SDP looks fine - setup is Vega ISDN->asterisk->PBXnSIP. It's been working fine until (as far as I can tell) we installed the v3 build, though that could just be co-incidence. Also all normal incoming calls are fine, it's just when it tries to send it to VM.

I can PM you the pcap if you want? It's only 160k

Well in that trace we see that the Asterisk drops the connection.

When the PBX picks the call up, Asterisk tries to re-negotiate the codecs (obviously because it wants to change the IP address of the RTP) and then sends a BYE (no idea why). Maybe you have to upgrade to the latest 1.4 version. Maybe you have to put something like canreinvite=false or something like that into the configuration files, so that it does not attempt to make the PBX talk directly to the Vegastream.

Hmm, that's very strange.. especially as normal inbound calls aren't affected, it's only calls to VM's - and asterisk wouldn't know any different?

The re-invite is allowed so the PBX can pass through T.38. I'll have a deeper dig...

Well I deleted my extension and re-created it... And now it works fine! Very strange...

One other oddity - I always seem to get two emails for missed calls, not one. It's done this for as long as I can remember but I'm not sure why?

Both identical, at exactly the same time, with exactly the same content :

Call: 07624xxxxxx

You missed the following call:

To: Kristan McDonald (1189)

Time: 2008 07 23 10:26:21

This email was sent because your account settings have "send missed call" turned on. Please note that some Email clients may suppress the click-to-dial link.

Do not reply to this Email. It was sent automatically.

Both identical, at exactly the same time, with exactly the same content :

Ouch, probably because first the extension is busy, and then the call gets disconnected without being connected. Both reasons to send an email out.

The good news is that it does not get forgotten!