Call Pickup

RobertO

We have groups of people who are able to pickup calls within their pickup-group. This is done with the buton feature from snom/pbxnsip. When someone pickup a call from another an increasing originator-numer is shown.

1. pickup "*6015775"

next "*6015781"

next "*6015784"

On the called phone the right originator is shown. Do I have something to configure?

Regards

Robert

We have groups of people who are able to pickup calls within their pickup-group. This is done with the buton feature from snom/pbxnsip. When someone pickup a call from another an increasing originator-numer is shown.

1. pickup "*6015775"

next "*6015781"

next "*6015784"

On the called phone the right originator is shown. Do I have something to configure?

That translates into *601 meaning pick a call up and 5775 being the call-identifier.

The PBX automatically tells the phone what code to use for the next pickup. So you don't have to configure anything.

That translates into *601 meaning pick a call up and 5775 being the call-identifier.

The PBX automatically tells the phone what code to use for the next pickup. So you don't have to configure anything.

It is possible to see the number from the person who is calling and not *601<call-identifier>?

It is possible to see the number from the person who is calling and not *601<call-identifier>?

Not in the star code. But the PBX sends along with the star code a label for the button, which provides additional information.

If you want to hard code a specific number, then you can still use the *87xxx starcode for "end-user" initiated call pickup.

Not in the star code. But the PBX sends along with the star code a label for the button, which provides additional information.

If you want to hard code a specific number, then you can still use the *87xxx starcode for "end-user" initiated call pickup.

Sorry, I think we are talking about different things. I will discribe it in more details:

Phone "A" Internal user "A" in Button-Group 1

Phone "B" Internal user "B" in Button-Group 1

Phone "C" Internal user "C" with Number "1234"

"C" is calling "A" and "B" picks this call with a Button on the phone. The Snom display ( Phone B ) shows "*6015775" and not the number from Phone "C" as the calling party.

Sorry, I think we are talking about different things. I will discribe it in more details:

Phone "A" Internal user "A" in Button-Group 1

Phone "B" Internal user "B" in Button-Group 1

Phone "C" Internal user "C" with Number "1234"

"C" is calling "A" and "B" picks this call with a Button on the phone. The Snom display ( Phone B ) shows "*6015775" and not the number from Phone "C" as the calling party.

Oh got you.

Hmm, the best thing would be if the phone displays the label in the screen right from the beginning (maybe make a call to "label" <sip:*601xxx@domain>, then the display method on the phone can figure out what to display). If the PBX changes the display after the connection, there would be a fickering on the screen before the PBX can send the proper display input.