Redirection and trunk DID

Kristan

Hi All,

We have a customer where after hours, we redirect their calls to an external number. This is done as a hunt group with a night service flag, which when set, redirects to another hunt group, with it's final stage set to the external number. This is fine, except however the PBX uses the incoming number as the "from", and our SIP gateways just turn round and say no, as the car appears that it's not coming from one of our valid users.

In olden PBXnSIP days, there was the explicit identity which I could set, but that's now been replaced by Trunk DID, and from what I can see on the wiki, the PBX's rules will always use the incoming number as the from. Is there any way I can override this and set it explicity?

Thanks

We have a customer where after hours, we redirect their calls to an external number. This is done as a hunt group with a night service flag, which when set, redirects to another hunt group, with it's final stage set to the external number. This is fine, except however the PBX uses the incoming number as the "from", and our SIP gateways just turn round and say no, as the car appears that it's not coming from one of our valid users.

In olden PBXnSIP days, there was the explicit identity which I could set, but that's now been replaced by Trunk DID, and from what I can see on the wiki, the PBX's rules will always use the incoming number as the from. Is there any way I can override this and set it explicity?

Well, first of all, the operator is wrong and needs to change the software...

Secondly, if you use the Remote-Party-ID method you can put the ANI number into the trunk settings and then the from will always display that number. Of course you loose the Caller-ID information in the case of a cell phone fork, well but that operator obviously blocks this feature anyway.