Several Feature Requests...

pcapps

Feature requests...

1) Use of mulitiple email accounts to send VM to. That way, we can keep an audit trail of VMs into company by specifying both the recipient and an Audit email account. Also, allows us to send Sales calls to all sales people.

2) Drill down from Admin --> Domains --> User modes in the Web UI. It's a real PITA to have to log in and out between accounts for the Admin

3) Forwarding of VM over time. e.g., If VM not answered in 1 hour, send VM to assistant, or another sales guy.

4) Drill down from account level to Phone Web site for Polycom phones. Should be user configurable per account.

5) On the Currently Active Calls status screen it would be nice to show the following additional fields:

-Trunk

-Elapsed Time in parenthesis next to start time

-Get rid of year from the date format to save space ? any call longer than 1 year I think would be obvious

-# of packets or bytes used up or some other measure of bandwidth

-Any QOS setting that can be gotten

Bugs...

1) When deleting a VM from the Web Interface, the MWI light is not turned off.

2) Phone Contact Directories are really not working

I agree with 1, 3, and 5. I have a customer set up on asterisk similar to 1, and voicemail escalation routes make sense for executive types who are paying for the system. The active call screen on pbxnsip could certainly use some work as well as the info it sends to the LCD screens on the phones. I havn't had enough problems to have an opinion on 2, and I get concerned when requests to support specific hardware is made.

I agree also that the MWI light needs serious attention. Not only does it have problems in the web interface but also with VM to E-mail. Lights turning on and off should just work I think.

I agree with 1, 3, and 5. I have a customer set up on asterisk similar to 1, and voicemail escalation routes make sense for executive types who are paying for the system. The active call screen on pbxnsip could certainly use some work as well as the info it sends to the LCD screens on the phones. I havn't had enough problems to have an opinion on 2, and I get concerned when requests to support specific hardware is made.

I agree also that the MWI light needs serious attention. Not only does it have problems in the web interface but also with VM to E-mail. Lights turning on and off should just work I think.

With respect to #4 "requests to support specific hardware" let me clarify: I agree with you, this should be hardware independant. I used the PolyCom example because it doesn't work. However, right now this feature works on the SNOM phones but not PolyCom phones. I should have emphasised the second part of that request more "It should be user configurable". This would make it hardware independant. The way I see it working is with a field that can be filled in by the user that is then used as a hyperlink on an account by account basis. In our case, our extensions are xxx in the ip range 10.100.100.xxx. Thus, extension 127 is http:\\10.100.100.127. I would enter that into my configuration such that when I click on it in the pbx web interface I get to my phone's website. It could be defaulted to something reasonable.

With respect to #4 "requests to support specific hardware" let me clarify: I agree with you, this should be hardware independant. I used the PolyCom example because it doesn't work. However, right now this feature works on the SNOM phones but not PolyCom phones. I should have emphasised the second part of that request more "It should be user configurable". This would make it hardware independant. The way I see it working is with a field that can be filled in by the user that is then used as a hyperlink on an account by account basis. In our case, our extensions are xxx in the ip range 10.100.100.xxx. Thus, extension 127 is http:\\10.100.100.127. I would enter that into my configuration such that when I click on it in the pbx web interface I get to my phone's website. It could be defaulted to something reasonable.

I think in this case PBXnSIP is getting the IP address from the Register header from the remote phone. I think my question is then, does Polycom support HTTPS? (and is there a method to use HTTP to speak with the phone instead of HTTPS?) I don't have much experience with the polycom phones, hence my questions.