REDHAT Linux enterprise 5 server edition

Does anyone have any more detailed installation instructions on installing PBXnSIP on this version of Linux, i have been reading the wiki and all i could find was the following: http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installing_in_Linux

It seems a little unclear which path the file should be created in and what it should be called.

See config instructions below,

"The following file should be called "/etc/init.d/pbxnsip" and can be used as template for controlling the service"

"Make sure that the installation directory is correct in the above file and that the executable is accessible under the name "pbxctrl""

Any comments appreciated.

Does anyone have any more detailed installation instructions on installing PBXnSIP on this version of Linux, i have been reading the wiki and all i could find was the following: http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installing_in_Linux

It seems a little unclear which path the file should be created in and what it should be called.

See config instructions below,

"The following file should be called "/etc/init.d/pbxnsip" and can be used as template for controlling the service"

"Make sure that the installation directory is correct in the above file and that the executable is accessible under the name "pbxctrl""

Any comments appreciated.

In general, you can install the PBX anywhere you like. Typically would be /usr/pbx or /usr/local/pbx. You need to reflect the path in the startup script. This script is called during the boot phase, it should run the PBX process. Apart from that, it is just a regular shell script.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello PBXnSIP system developers.

I am a PBXnSIP reseller and find your Linux version frustrating to work with.

As Linux drivers are almost impossible to find for newer mother boards we are forced to go with the latest REDHAT versions for support reasons.

We are running REDHAT Enterprise Linux 5 Version 2.6.13 E15PAE on a genuine Intel Mother Board. (Model number DQ965GF).

This is our preferred operating system for software based PBX systems and has proven reliable with products like TrixBox and Asterisk.

We can configure PBXnSIP to work OK on a windows platform indicating that we have a reasonable understanding of your products requirements.

However your Linux version is causing us great problems.

The fact that our windows deployment of PBXnSIP works in our test environment proves that it is not a network issue.

Some of the problems we experience include:

1) Can’t navigate through voicemail from handset. We are able to call the voice message bank OK but PBXnSIP ignores key entries on the handset. (similar to DTMF problem)

2) Inbound calls do not connect with designated Auto attendant or extension. It behaves as if there is no SIP server registered with the ITSP but the PBXnSIP trunk shows a registered state.

3) We can call out but there is no audio in either direction when answered.

4) We can call between extensions but there is no audio in either direction when answered.

I find that your REDHAT installation documentation lacks detail.

We would like to continue selling your product but find it more trouble than its worth.

We need your help urgently.

Regards

BlueWolf

Hello PBXnSIP system developers.

I am a PBXnSIP reseller and find your Linux version frustrating to work with.

As Linux drivers are almost impossible to find for newer mother boards we are forced to go with the latest REDHAT versions for support reasons.

We are running REDHAT Enterprise Linux 5 Version 2.6.13 E15PAE on a genuine Intel Mother Board. (Model number DQ965GF).

This is our preferred operating system for software based PBX systems and has proven reliable with products like TrixBox and Asterisk.

We can configure PBXnSIP to work OK on a windows platform indicating that we have a reasonable understanding of your products requirements.

However your Linux version is causing us great problems.

If you are using the RHEL4 build, it should also run fine on RHEL5. The PBX is not very demanding on features, so that version change should be no problem.

The fact that our windows deployment of PBXnSIP works in our test environment proves that it is not a network issue.

Some of the problems we experience include:

1) Can't navigate through voicemail from handset. We are able to call the voice message bank OK but PBXnSIP ignores key entries on the handset. (similar to DTMF problem)

2) Inbound calls do not connect with designated Auto attendant or extension. It behaves as if there is no SIP server registered with the ITSP but the PBXnSIP trunk shows a registered state.

3) We can call out but there is no audio in either direction when answered.

4) We can call between extensions but there is no audio in either direction when answered.

What version? If guess you are on 2.1. The 3.0 version does some of the network stuff in a more elegant way, and it is about to be released anyway. If you are installing a new system, IMHO it makes sense to jump directly to 3.0.

I find that your REDHAT installation documentation lacks detail.

That is true. I guess someone needs to sit down and pencil every step down when setting up the system.

If you're not getting any audio in any direction, it sounds more network/firewall related than anything to do with PBXnSIP. Does redhat enterprise have some fairly tight ipchains rules by default that perhaps need changing, specifically with regards to RTP?

If you do an ngrep on the server do you see the RTP?

If you're not getting any audio in any direction, it sounds more network/firewall related than anything to do with PBXnSIP. Does redhat enterprise have some fairly tight ipchains rules by default that perhaps need changing, specifically with regards to RTP?

If you do an ngrep on the server do you see the RTP?

In SuSE10 if you install the service the firewall will block everything by default. Maybe RedHat now does the same. The crazy thing is that you see the packets in wireshark, but the firewall won't forward them the the PBX. It took us days to figure that out.

This is not a PBX-specific problem. There must be something about this problem in the RedHat documentation.

In SuSE10 if you install the service the firewall will block everything by default. Maybe RedHat now does the same. The crazy thing is that you see the packets in wireshark, but the firewall won't forward them the the PBX. It took us days to figure that out.

This is not a PBX-specific problem. There must be something about this problem in the RedHat documentation.

As i mentioned in my previous threads, our test network environment is the same as with the equivelent Windows deploymet in which there are no problems.

Also the firewall on the linux box is disabled.

Please can we open some dialog so that we can get to the problem faster ???

This email ping pong could take weeks.

Regards

BlueWolf