Attended transfer bug?

jlumby

I am running 3.0.0.2992 with cisco phones. I have found that if someone does an attended transfer to an extension that has 2 or more phones registered to it, the initial screening process of the transfer works fine, and you can talk with the operator that is transferring the call to you, however when the transfer is completed (transfer button pressed a second time by the operator), and the caller is put through, it rings to the other registered extension, and not the extension that the screened part of the transfer was being done on.

I am running 3.0.0.2992 with cisco phones. I have found that if someone does an attended transfer to an extension that has 2 or more phones registered to it, the initial screening process of the transfer works fine, and you can talk with the operator that is transferring the call to you, however when the transfer is completed (transfer button pressed a second time by the operator), and the caller is put through, it rings to the other registered extension, and not the extension that the screened part of the transfer was being done on.

What version of the Cisco phones? Any SIP traffic available? Maybe there is a problem with the Replaces-header in the REFER...

I have attached some packet captuers, as well as found some more info on the problem. It seems like when doing an attended transfer, it does not always fail. It seems lile there is a race condition, (or the pbx will only work on one of the 2 extensions) where it may work if you happen to pick up the call on one of the 2 extensions as opposed to the other. When it fails, you pick up, and you just get silence, and the other registered extension just continues to ring, and then roll to voicemail.

The latest thing I have found its it also happens in some cases where there is only a single extension registered, and you attempt to answer the call as it is forked to a cell phone. You answer on the cell, and get nothing but silence. The desk phone continues to ring, and then rolls to voicemail. I have attached a packet capture of this as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I have attached some packet captuers, as well as found some more info on the problem. It seems like when doing an attended transfer, it does not always fail. It seems lile there is a race condition, (or the pbx will only work on one of the 2 extensions) where it may work if you happen to pick up the call on one of the 2 extensions as opposed to the other. When it fails, you pick up, and you just get silence, and the other registered extension just continues to ring, and then roll to voicemail.

The latest thing I have found its it also happens in some cases where there is only a single extension registered, and you attempt to answer the call as it is forked to a cell phone. You answer on the cell, and get nothing but silence. The desk phone continues to ring, and then rolls to voicemail. I have attached a packet capture of this as well.

If you can, give 3.0.1.3016 a try: http://www.pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.0.1.3016.exe.