Vlan tagging with PnP and Snom phones

brandywinetech.com

I see the system will send Vlan tags via plug and play , unfortunately comes a little too late in the setup as we really need to get DHCP to hand out the vlan tag to the phone, more of a snom questions but relating to installing pbxnsip , how can we get the snom phone to accept a vlan tag via DHCP even if we have to stray from RFC standards like I believe Polycom has..

I see the system will send Vlan tags via plug and play , unfortunately comes a little too late in the setup as we really need to get DHCP to hand out the vlan tag to the phone, more of a snom questions but relating to installing pbxnsip , how can we get the snom phone to accept a vlan tag via DHCP even if we have to stray from RFC standards like I believe Polycom has.

Well, when the snom phone receives the setting it decides that it needs another reboot before it can start working. The drawback is that the PBX needs to be in the "regular" LAN and the VLAN at the same time.

Provisioning VLANs is a tricky topic. It should actually happend before DHCP. Maybe LLDP is the answer.