Cisco 79X1 BLF

jlumby

With the latest firmware on my 7961 and a newly written config file, I was able to get my 7961 to subscribe to the presence of another extension. The following is what shows up in my extension's registration field:

presence 7208 sip:211@192.168.3.130:16785;transport=TCP Cisco-CP7961G-GE/8.4.0 170

I was wondering now that I have gotten this far, if it is possible to make the BLF work. I am attaching a packet capture of the same model phone registered to a Cisco Callmanager running SIP. I hope it is of some use to see if it is possible to light the BLFs through PBXnSIP

With the latest firmware on my 7961 and a newly written config file, I was able to get my 7961 to subscribe to the presence of another extension. The following is what shows up in my extension's registration field:

presence 7208 sip:211@192.168.3.130:16785;transport=TCP Cisco-CP7961G-GE/8.4.0 170

I was wondering now that I have gotten this far, if it is possible to make the BLF work. I am attaching a packet capture of the same model phone registered to a Cisco Callmanager running SIP. I hope it is of some use to see if it is possible to light the BLFs through PBXnSIP

I don't want to be too optimistic here. Presence has the problem that you might see the "presence" (whatever that is), but the PBX is not able to tell the phone what to do when the button is being pushed.

And there are a lot of x-cisco-xxx headers in the packets. Look for "extended-refer", if you want to have some fun. When the draft was written Rohan Mahy was still with Cisco, that is a long time ago. I would not build opon that...

I don't want to be too optimistic here. Presence has the problem that you might see the "presence" (whatever that is), but the PBX is not able to tell the phone what to do when the button is being pushed.

And there are a lot of x-cisco-xxx headers in the packets. Look for "extended-refer", if you want to have some fun. When the draft was written Rohan Mahy was still with Cisco, that is a long time ago. I would not build opon that...

I am not concerned about what to do when the button is pushed. That can easily be taken care of in the phone's config file. I was just wondering if the capture made it any easier to make it light up when the extension it is subscribing to the presence of is in use. (the capture was the packets that got sent to an idle phone from the call manager when the BLF was turned on, because the extension it was monitoring the presence of went into use)

I am not concerned about what to do when the button is pushed. That can easily be taken care of in the phone's config file. I was just wondering if the capture made it any easier to make it light up when the extension it is subscribing to the presence of is in use. (the capture was the packets that got sent to an idle phone from the call manager when the BLF was turned on, because the extension it was monitoring the presence of went into use)

Maybe you are right. Another was of generating kilobytes in order to turn a light on (after dialog).