Astra 57i and DHCP

Tom Waterman

I have a very unusual question and since we have been working on this for 2 days now I figure it is time to ask for some help. This is our first install of PBXnSIP and it is currently only in a demo enviornment. I had a complete setup of 3 phones and a server on my desk. I was able to receive DHCP throught the network and the Astra phones worked great. I then moved the setup to a demo lab. I backed up my config and installed it on the new demo server. However now my phones will not receive or renew thier ip address. I have wireshark on our DHCP server and I can see the request and I can also the dhcp server send out the ack but they never make it to phone. I have checked all of my access lists on my router and things are good. I can eve plug a computer into the same wall jack as the phone and it pulls an ip address fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also noticed that if we remove the DHCP reservation from the server it will at least pull an IP address. It fails to register with PBXnSIP but at least it gets an address. I am starting to think this might be a firmware issue.

Tom

I would factory reset the phones and then if it still not works power-cycle the switches. Also, make sure there is no VLAN involved here and the netmask is set correctly in the DHCP server.

I had a similar problem with Aastra 57i phones.

The phone just sat there looking for DHCP.

It had something to do with the PnP in PBXNSIP.

Sorry, I don't remember what I did to resolve it.

I had a similar problem with Aastra 57i phones.

The phone just sat there looking for DHCP.

It had something to do with the PnP in PBXNSIP.

Sorry, I don't remember what I did to resolve it.

I just ended up doing it manually. I only needed 4 phones for the demo but when we roll out to the company of 100 I'll need to get this fixed.