Exchange 2003

Tom Waterman

Hello again. I am trying to get the simple exchange integration going with Exchange 2003. We have SP2 installed. When I attempt to connect to Exchange from the PBXnSIP server I get an authentication error 504 unrecognized authentication type. Can anyone telll me what is going on? I have logged into the webmail account I created for the PBX so I know the username and passwords are good. Thank you all for your help.

Tom

Hello again. I am trying to get the simple exchange integration going with Exchange 2003. We have SP2 installed. When I attempt to connect to Exchange from the PBXnSIP server I get an authentication error 504 unrecognized authentication type. Can anyone telll me what is going on? I have logged into the webmail account I created for the PBX so I know the username and passwords are good. Thank you all for your help.

I guess you checked http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Microsoft_Exchange?

Yes I tried that. However we are using Exchange 2003 not 2007 so UM is not even an option., I was just trying to get it to send a cdr report to my email or send me a voice mail. I found that if I removed the username and password that it would send email just fine.

tom

Yes I tried that. However we are using Exchange 2003 not 2007 so UM is not even an option., I was just trying to get it to send a cdr report to my email or send me a voice mail. I found that if I removed the username and password that it would send email just fine.

Oh ok, SMTP (thought it would be SIP) - if you do IP-Address based authentication, then you don't need username/password.