Call Quality

Friedom-Tech

Hi;

i have a client with a CS410 and 7 SNom 360 phone s all connected through PNP.

he is experiencing terrible call quality sometimes even on calls from ext to ext....he has had the system less than a month and is extremely disappointed with the call quality which is a shame because he loves the features!

please can someone advise what my options are?

please can someone advise what my options are?

Option zero is to apply the latest software. I guess that has been done already.

Well, one option is to move the setup to a PC-based solution. Just save the config and restore it on the other system. This is a short-term measure to make sure the customer is happy. If you have a PSTN gateway that you can use, and the call quality is still bad, well then there is a problem with the line.

Of course the second step is to ask why the quality is bad with the CS410. What does the CPU load say on the web interface? Is there a QoS-problem in the setup (shared data/voice internet connection)? The CS410 has tcpdump locally on the system, this way you can get a PCAP trace to see what is going on.

We had a case where a web browser was constantly requesting web pages from the CS410 in a DoS style. After moving the port away from port 80/443 the traffic was much less and the box was working fine again.

Option zero is to apply the latest software. I guess that has been done already.

Well, one option is to move the setup to a PC-based solution. Just save the config and restore it on the other system. This is a short-term measure to make sure the customer is happy. If you have a PSTN gateway that you can use, and the call quality is still bad, well then there is a problem with the line.

Of course the second step is to ask why the quality is bad with the CS410. What does the CPU load say on the web interface? Is there a QoS-problem in the setup (shared data/voice internet connection)? The CS410 has tcpdump locally on the system, this way you can get a PCAP trace to see what is going on.

We had a case where a web browser was constantly requesting web pages from the CS410 in a DoS style. After moving the port away from port 80/443 the traffic was much less and the box was working fine again.

Thank you for your speedy response.

they have a shred connection for data but they have 30 mb downl and 5mb upload....they had an asterisk system before pbxnsip and claim to have never had call quality issues like this...could it be possibly that i need to compress the packets? would that help? if yes then how would i do it? the system is setup with the latest verison of the software...any advise would be appreciated.

thank you

they have a shred connection for data but they have 30 mb downl and 5mb upload....they had an asterisk system before pbxnsip and claim to have never had call quality issues like this...could it be possibly that i need to compress the packets? would that help? if yes then how would i do it? the system is setup with the latest verison of the software...any advise would be appreciated.

Yea the bandwidth looks okay. I would say it is worth trying a quick PCAP trace if you have SSH access to the box. If that is not possible or does not show what the problem is I would check the PC option.