Welcome message...

p_pan

hi..

i want to do a question..

I have a pstn line with 1 phone... that i want is when a customer call my phone a welcome message start play..

I dont want to buy a PBX because are to expensive...

i didn't find something at internet because i don't know how to search about it...

(Maybe i am not in the right section but i couldn't find a section about it...)

thanks.. :):mellow:

i want to do a question..

I have a pstn line with 1 phone... that i want is when a customer call my phone a welcome message start play..

I dont want to buy a PBX because are to expensive...

i didn't find something at internet because i don't know how to search about it...

(Maybe i am not in the right section but i couldn't find a section about it...)

Well, the CS410 sounds like what you could use. If your budget it limited, you can try to compile open source software and run a PC with that software (keep in mind that some PC take 400 W, this is not "for free"!); the tradeoff here is that this cost you a lot of time time and the result may be a little bit unstable. But in any case you need something that connects to your PSTN line and you'll have to pay something for a FXO interface anyway.

Alternatively you can search for hosted services, where you don't run the PBX yourself; this job is done by a service provider for you. You don't have to worry about the technical details; just pay some monthly fee (not expensive!) and your are all set.