cs410 IPv6 support?

Tuomo Salmela

is there a support for IPv6 in cs410 kernel? I cannot see ipv6 as a loaded module and there is no /proc/sys/net/ipv6 -directory. The kernel I'm running seems to be 2.6.11.7-1.08.5.1-IPX-series.

Yea, we also took a quick look at this. From the PBX application point of view, everything is compiled in. Maybe you are able to get a IPv6 interface set up, then the PBX should be able to use it.

comcerto:~# ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2001:0db8:0:f101::1/64

No support for INET6 on this system.

On the compilation machine:

$ grep -i ipv6 kernel-linux_2.6.11.7-1.08.6_cs410/.config

CONFIG_IP_TCPDIAG_IPV6=y

CONFIG_IPV6=y

# CONFIG_IPV6_PRIVACY is not set

# CONFIG_IPV6_TUNNEL is not set

Yea, we also took a quick look at this. From the PBX application point of view, everything is compiled in. Maybe you are able to get a IPv6 interface set up, then the PBX should be able to use it.

Yes, but the main question was if the cs410 supports IPv6, and as I understand from your answer, it really doesn't. We would need a new kernel for the appliance, can you provide one somehow?

Yes, but the main question was if the cs410 supports IPv6, and as I understand from your answer, it really doesn't. We would need a new kernel for the appliance, can you provide one somehow?

Today the answer is "no". Ipv6 works great on Windows and PC-based Linux and FreeBSD. But for the appliance it is still work to do. I wish that the chip vendor eventually provides an upgrade that includes this. We are not very good at compiling tool chains and kernels...

• 4 months later...