G729 on trunk

RobertoAchab

Hallo, I'm trying to use a G729 codec on a trunk, Eyebeam connected directly to the itsp works well in G711 and G729, The trunks with no codec-preference works well also, when I force the "18" Codec I get the busy tone.

I'm using a trial version, will I have to buy the "PBX-LRC" packet?

I thought I had to only to connect to G729 Phones (or multi-codec ones, to avoid translittering going to a trunk like this)

Does someone know the answer?

Thanks, Robi

Hallo, I'm trying to use a G729 codec on a trunk, Eyebeam connected directly to the itsp works well in G711 and G729, The trunks with no codec-preference works well also, when I force the "18" Codec I get the busy tone.

I'm using a trial version, will I have to buy the "PBX-LRC" packet?

I thought I had to only to connect to G729 Phones (or multi-codec ones, to avoid translittering going to a trunk like this)

On a trial version, you cannot use G.729. It is not because of us, it is because of the license/patents associated with that codec. There is no "free" with this codec, for even free try out. :)

On a trial version, you cannot use G.729. It is not because of us, it is because of the license/patents associated with that codec. There is no "free" with this codec, for even free try out. :angry:

So, I can assume that qhen the "official" license arrives the G729 will work...

Thank you for the answer, unfortunately I didn't find this info on any document and it's a bit "heavy" using G711 on a ADSL trunk

So, I can assume that qhen the "official" license arrives the G729 will work...

Thank you for the answer, unfortunately I didn't find this info on any document and it's a bit "heavy" using G711 on a ADSL trunk

Yes.

G.726 or GSM can be an alternative. They don't compress as much as G.729A, but the difference is only 13.2 - 8 = 5.2 kBit/s (GSM); considering a packet overhead somewhere in the 20 kBit/s area, that should be a viable option.