Voicemails are not being deleted.

MichaelW

I have a user who somehow created about 25 out-going messages he could not delete them, so I went to the recordings folder and deleted them for him. However, when he goes in to choose which message to use it still thinks they are all there, it says for.. (then nothing) press 2 ect ect.. How does he delete them all and start over, he has a ton of saves messages so I would rather not delete his ext and set him up again, there are at least 4 others who have the same issue.

Thanks,

I have a user who somehow created about 25 out-going messages he could not delete them, so I went to the recordings folder and deleted them for him. However, when he goes in to choose which message to use it still thinks they are all there, it says for.. (then nothing) press 2 ect ect.. How does he delete them all and start over, he has a ton of saves messages so I would rather not delete his ext and set him up again, there are at least 4 others who have the same issue.

The key problem is that the recorded message is treated as call recoding message. That also had the problem that the system would send an email when the recording is finished. We have to split this up into message recording and call recording.

The other thing is that we check if the file still exists before counting a message. That would have the nice side effect that deleting WAV files from the file system will automatically (eventually) delete also the associated message. That would be a very easy way e.g. to remove messages after 14 days.

Will be included in the next release, 3.1. Preview available on demand...