Trunk 408 Time-out error

Coen

I have some issues with my trunks. I've got two trunks, one is setup for VOIP Buster and the other one for Budget Phone (Dutch VOIP provider). When I click on the register link, the trunk seems to register without any problems. I see the status "200 OK (Refresh interval 20 seconds)". Everything works normally, I can call in- and outside. But after some seconds the trunk status change to "408 Request Timeout (Registration failed, retry after 60 seconds)".

Why is this happening??

Greetings,

Coen

I have some issues with my trunks. I've got two trunks, one is setup for VOIP Buster and the other one for Budget Phone (Dutch VOIP provider). When I click on the register link, the trunk seems to register without any problems. I see the status "200 OK (Refresh interval 20 seconds)". Everything works normally, I can call in- and outside. But after some seconds the trunk status change to "408 Request Timeout (Registration failed, retry after 60 seconds)".

That is indeed strange. Anything from the log? Do you see that the PBX sends the REGISTER out? Just a wild idea, try using IP address as outbound proxy, maybe the is some tricky problem with DNS.

That is indeed strange. Anything from the log? Do you see that the PBX sends the REGISTER out? Just a wild idea, try using IP address as outbound proxy, maybe the is some tricky problem with DNS.

I've tried to use the Outbound proxy IP address instead of the DNS name, but the problem persist.

My PBXnSIP server is connected to the internet by using a NAT router. The PBXnSIP server is reachable form the internet on TCP and UDP port 5060.

The PBX sends out a REGISTER package.

I've tried to use the Outbound proxy IP address instead of the DNS name, but the problem persist.

My PBXnSIP server is connected to the internet by using a NAT router. The PBXnSIP server is reachable form the internet on TCP and UDP port 5060.

The PBX sends out a REGISTER package.

Hmm. Okay at least we know it is not a DNS problem...

If the REGISTER messages are being sent out, then there must be something in the path between the PBX and the provider that causes this problem. At this point, it seems like you need to use the "divide-and-conquer" method to isolate the problem (found an interesting article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_conquer_algorithm).

Apart from that, it can be practically anything (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Troubles..._Trunk_Problems). We have seen cases where the NAT router goes belly up.