WAN PORT ISSUE

Friedom-Tech

can anyone explain to me why when i switched the default gateway of the CS410 to the lan port instead of the wan port it stopped giving me access remotely over the WAN port?(both for setup AND remote phones)

i have a numbe rof setups like this when the default GW is the LAN port (for redundancy with a dual wan router) and i have no issues getting in remotely using the static wan ip address.

using version .3023 of cs410 firmware.

pls advise asap.

Thank you

can anyone explain to me why when i switched the default gateway of the CS410 to the lan port instead of the wan port it stopped giving me access remotely over the WAN port?(both for setup AND remote phones)

i have a numbe rof setups like this when the default GW is the LAN port (for redundancy with a dual wan router) and i have no issues getting in remotely using the static wan ip address.

using version .3023 of cs410 firmware.

This is a general Linux routing problem. It is also kindof black magic to us... We did nothing special in the CS410 compared to other Debian distributions. You can check the /etc/networking/interfaces file to see what we present to the OS.