How to get variables to show up??

olecoot

I've upgraded a few of our Windows servers to version 3.0.1.3023 recently (using the upgrade .exe file) and the pbx.xml file does not have the global setting called "send_recording". I have Linux servers with the same version of PBXnSIP (upgraded the same way) and the setting is there.

The Windows servers host several customers that require the recordings emailed to them. The recordings are not being emailed and stopped the day of the upgrade. I fear that the issue lies with the missing setting. The license on these servers have recording enabled. Can you please tell me how to have the setting appear? I have tried making changes in through the web interface, which has worked in the past, but it is not working for this.

I cannot use beta versions on these servers.

Thanks

I've upgraded a few of our Windows servers to version 3.0.1.3023 recently (using the upgrade .exe file) and the pbx.xml file does not have the global setting called "send_recording". I have Linux servers with the same version of PBXnSIP (upgraded the same way) and the setting is there.

The Windows servers host several customers that require the recordings emailed to them. The recordings are not being emailed and stopped the day of the upgrade. I fear that the issue lies with the missing setting. The license on these servers have recording enabled. Can you please tell me how to have the setting appear? I have tried making changes in through the web interface, which has worked in the past, but it is not working for this.

I cannot use beta versions on these servers.

Thanks

Is there a fix for this???

So using your example the command would be:

http://pbx/reg_status.htm?save=save&send_recording=true

Is this correct?

The question remains why is the variable provided in the Linux pbx.xml and not the Windows pbx.xml of the same version? And how does it become "visable" or will the above command make it appear in the file?

Thanks!

So using your example the command would be:

http://pbx/reg_status.htm?save=save&send_recording=true

Is this correct?

The question remains why is the variable provided in the Linux pbx.xml and not the Windows pbx.xml of the same version? And how does it become "visable" or will the above command make it appear in the file?

Thanks!

Yes that looks correct. There should be no difference between Linux and Windows; the differnce is probably just when you saved something the last time. After using the link above, the file should contain the setting that you want.

We are piling more and more "hidden" settings up. Usually we don't want that customers play with these setting (because it makes support more difficult); however it is always good to be able to make a change when neccessary without changing the code. That settings above would be a candidate for becoming visible...

Yes that looks correct. There should be no difference between Linux and Windows; the differnce is probably just when you saved something the last time. After using the link above, the file should contain the setting that you want.

We are piling more and more "hidden" settings up. Usually we don't want that customers play with these setting (because it makes support more difficult); however it is always good to be able to make a change when neccessary without changing the code. That settings above would be a candidate for becoming visible...

That would be very good news indeed! And much appreciated :D

Thank you