M3 Base station and repeater questions

Tom Waterman

My company is currently looking at the Snom M3 for a replacement phone when we move to the PBXnSIP solution.

1. Can multiple M3 base stations connect to a single repeater? (I would think the answer would be yes but the Snom site is less the complete)

2. What is the effective range of these repeaters?

3. Can I register multiple extensions to the Same M3 base station. So it would go like this: I have 1 base station with 3 different handsets and each handset has its own extension.

Thank you in advance for all of the help.

Tom

My company is currently looking at the Snom M3 for a replacement phone when we move to the PBXnSIP solution.

1. Can multiple M3 base stations connect to a single repeater? (I would think the answer would be yes but the Snom site is less the complete)

The Repeater will automatically register to the Base station that emits the most powerful signal.

2. What is the effective range of these repeaters?

The range really depends on where it is placed, the documented range is doubles the base station range of 50 meters indoors and 300 meters outdoors. you can have up to 6 repeaters register per base station.

3. Can I register multiple extensions to the Same M3 base station. So it would go like this: I have 1 base station with 3 different handsets and each handset has its own extension.

Yes, up to 8 extensions, you can assign them to the phones, using the base stations web interface, you can have multiple extensions on a single handset if you wish.

8 handsets per base station, 3 concurrent calls per base station, 6 repeaters, 6 alerting handsets at a time.

The datasheet is available here http://www.snom.com/uploads/docu/data_snom_m3_en_v112.pdf

Thank you in advance for all of the help.

Tom