Invalid XML generated for Polycom phone configs

natedev

As I've been troubleshooting some of the Polycom setup, I noticed that the XML that pbxnsip generates for the phone config (eg http://<pbxnsip host>/provisioning/polycom_phone_<MAC address>.cfg) is malformed. The following is missing a space in front of the reg.2.displayName:

reg.1.serverFeatureControl.cf=""reg.2.displayName="Fourty Two"

Not sure if the phones choke on this or ignore these parameters. Often, a simple XML error on relatively dumb devices will bring the entire house down.

As I've been troubleshooting some of the Polycom setup, I noticed that the XML that pbxnsip generates for the phone config (eg http://<pbxnsip host>/provisioning/polycom_phone_<MAC address>.cfg) is malformed. The following is missing a space in front of the reg.2.displayName:

reg.1.serverFeatureControl.cf=""reg.2.displayName="Fourty Two"

Not sure if the phones choke on this or ignore these parameters. Often, a simple XML error on relatively dumb devices will bring the entire house down.

Yes, thanks! There was a space missing. Will be fixed in the next version! Until then, you can use the attached version. Put it into the html directory of the PBX (make it if it does not exist yet) and frop the file there. Don't forget to remove it when doing an upgrade later.

polycom_phone.xml

Yes, thanks! There was a space missing. Will be fixed in the next version! Until then, you can use the attached version. Put it into the html directory of the PBX (make it if it does not exist yet) and frop the file there. Don't forget to remove it when doing an upgrade later.

Thanks a lot! That appeared to be the only XML issue. Seeing that overrides can be done this way, it looks like I could also update some of the polycom_sip.xml with content from Polycom's latest sip.xml, right?

Could you post the polycom_sip.xml template that pbxnsip 3.0.1.3023 is using? Thanks!

• 3 months later...
That's the latest and greatest.

Thanks a lot for posting this! It's very helpful. If you'd like, I can parameterize Polycom's one for SIP 3.1.2RevB and post it here. It would be great to have that be part of the new builds.

I do see that several parameters were renamed such as {sip-port layer} to {sip-port polycom_layer}. That explains why my polycom_sip.xml wasn't working once I upgraded to 3.3 from 3.2.

Thanks a lot for posting this! It's very helpful. If you'd like, I can parameterize Polycom's one for SIP 3.1.2RevB and post it here. It would be great to have that be part of the new builds.

Sure!

I do see that several parameters were renamed such as {sip-port layer} to {sip-port polycom_layer}. That explains why my polycom_sip.xml wasn't working once I upgraded to 3.3 from 3.2.

We consolidated thhe parameters, so that they appear only once. Especially for Polycom it was strange that you had to specify the transport layer twice.