Can pbxnsip be on local IP?

krofek

• 2 months later...
Check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_w...ic_IP_addresses, I think that is a good guide to set up the PBX in a firewall environment.

i am having the same problem. The IT admin assigned a local ip to the phone system and has a static IP forwarding to it but i cannot get the Polycoms to register with PLugNPlay and the snom phonen that i registered manually has no audio either way.

the IT admin swears that he has all ports opened to and from the pbx....

any help?

thank you;

i am having the same problem. The IT admin assigned a local ip to the phone system and has a static IP forwarding to it but i cannot get the Polycoms to register with PLugNPlay and the snom phonen that i registered manually has no audio either way.

the IT admin swears that he has all ports opened to and from the pbx....

It is really a pain if the PBX does not "own" a routable IP address.

You can fiddle with the "IP Routing List" setting to try to undo the algorithm that the firewall does. Very support intensive. You probably need Wireshark to troubleshoot what is going on on the system.

I had the same problem, unfortunately I was also the firewall administrator...

What I understand is that when you do a port-forwarding to an host, you write a rule like "everything arriving at you to your port X must be forwarded to port X", that's correct, but what most upper-class firewall understand is "everything arriving at you to your port X from port Y must be forwarded to port X, like it was originated from a RANDOM port", this is simmetrical NAT, and ruins rtp streams (voice), while SIP (TCP) survives (so the phones register) being connection-oriented...

You can see this problem tracking communications with wireshark, if you generate with a snom phone a log you will see udp packets starting from port X, then the same packets arrive to the pbx (another wireshark here) as if they were originated from other ports (tipically near 10000)

With that situation there are no "simple solution" I used another device to publish the pbx (a full-cone NATting one), the other solution is to publish it setting the firewall in "transparent mode", if it has that option (and you have a free ip address)