Setup recommendations

Kristan

Hi All,

I have a customer with an office 10 with a single hunt group with all the phones in, and they just want any voicemails to go to a single mailbox - that's fine, I can send it to one of their extensions as the final stage in the hunt group. However, they want to get notifications on voicemails on all the extensions rather than just the one I select. Is there any way to do this, or a recommended way? The phones are a mix of polycoms and siemens C475IP gigasets. I'm not sure if the gigasets support remote VM - there seems to be an option but I've not had a chance to have a play yet...

Thanks,

Kristan

I have a customer with an office 10 with a single hunt group with all the phones in, and they just want any voicemails to go to a single mailbox - that's fine, I can send it to one of their extensions as the final stage in the hunt group. However, they want to get notifications on voicemails on all the extensions rather than just the one I select. Is there any way to do this, or a recommended way? The phones are a mix of polycoms and siemens C475IP gigasets. I'm not sure if the gigasets support remote VM - there seems to be an option but I've not had a chance to have a play yet...

Hehe, maybe just register them all to the same extension! Though the number 'ten' tell me there will be hell breaking loose when a call comes in.

Hehe, maybe just register them all to the same extension! Though the number 'ten' tell me there will be hell breaking loose when a call comes in.

They need to be separate unfortunately! Is there any way to do this, or do I need to tell them just to check one of the phones?

They need to be separate unfortunately! Is there any way to do this, or do I need to tell them just to check one of the phones?

Yes, of course there is a way. But maybe in this case you don't use plug and play, just manually configure the phones and subscribe to the central mailbox. Then it should work file.

In the hunt group, maybe you can wait two seconds between the stages and spread the extension over three stages. That will reduce the forking overhead.

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

Thanks,

Kristan

Hi

You can create another extension, call it "Main Mailbox", then in the Edit page add all the extension numbers in the "Permissions to monitor this account:" field, seperated with a space (201 202 203 ...). Add this extesion to your final destination of the hunt group and calls will go to the extensions voicemail and notify all the extensions listsed in the permissions.

There is a slight bug in that if the extension gets a messge to the personal mainbox then a message from the shared mailbox, the lamp will go out (on SNOM handsets) after the user has listened to the personal greeting (or which ever message was recieved 1st) so the user may not know there are still messages in the shared mailbox.

The other extensions in the list will stay lit until someone in the group listens to the message, so someone should see that there are messages, or you can email it.